1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Need information about learning SQL Server

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by rongaliparvathi, Jun 4, 2010.

1. rongaliparvathi

rongaliparvathi New IL'ite

Hi everybody:hiya, My name is parvathi and we are driving our life on the same boat ie living on H4 visa. I really want to learn sql server 2005. I am need to the computers. Anyone can help me to learn sql server 2005. U can make one question like I can take classes, but my situation is totally differnet, I can't efford money for my education:drowning, that is why I am requestion u guys. Pls I thaught U will hellp me. It will brind light in my life. If u want help me, please contact me through private messages.
    I think u can understand my situation. pls help me thank u so much

Admin Note: You can exchange contact information only through private messages. Private message subscription is just $10/year. Each private message subscription comes with a free gift subscription, which you can give to the other person and you both can contact each other instantly. More Details

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2010

2. swathiv

swathiv New IL'ite

Hi,
    In SQL server 2005, microsoft has integrated many things such as SSRS,SSAS,SSIS etc.,If u r a beginner, I would say start learning SQL basics first. Get some SQL 2005 books either from a book store or amazon. I feel like Microsoft press books are very good. If you know of any resources, try for online free downloads.
    SQL Server 2005 Express is a free download from Microsoft. (currently SQL Server 2008 express is the latest one).
    so much documentation is out there on web and also many real time scenarios are getting discussed in many forums. Follow them regularly and you will get good knowledge.

Hope it helps.