Need infor about prayers & fees for following temples in Tamil Nadu

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by mala76, Jun 22, 2012.

1. mala76

mala76 Senior IL'ite

Hi there,

I will be on 9 days tour around Tamil Nadu, covering following temples. Please update on some tips, things I need to know about the practise in the temples & and special entrance fee or etc. Appriaciate your informations. Thanks

1) Tirupati -
    2) Padmavathi Temple
    3)Thirutani Murugan Temple
    4) Thiruvanamalai Arunachaleswara temple
    5) Samayapuram Trichy
    6) Sri Renganathar Trichy
    7) Uchi Pillaiyar
    8) Meenakshi Madurai
    9) Tiruparangkundram
    10) Palamuthir cholai
    11) Rameswaram
    12) Pillaiyar Patti
    13) Tanjai Periya Kovil
    14) Patteswaram Durga
    15) Alangudi Guru
    16) Mahamaham Tank
    17) Saniswara Thirunallar
    18) Vaithiswaran
    19) Thiruvengadu Bhutan
    20) Nataraja Chidambaram
    21) Kamakshi Amman Kanchipuram

2. veenaruban

veenaruban Silver IL'ite

Entrance fees for all such temples around Tamilnadu are somewhere from 20-50 rps only.

And for tirupati, there are 3 types, one is free entry, other is 300 rps darshan ticket. And the other one is srivari seva ticket(i guess) which is somewhere around 1k - 2k. In this seva ticket category, darshan/entry is left at midnight 1 pm inside the temple for only 100 people and they live you to stand there for 15 mins atleast where usually its not in other entry fees(they just push you to the heck. You just get seconds of time to see god inside in other tickets). And this particular tickets needs to be booked in advance.

We have usually went thru my uncle's influence or 500 rps ticket(where darshan lasts for 2.5 hrs or 3 hrs) which was issued earlier. Now that ticket in not issued. Only 300rps tickets are been issued. Its better you go thru this ticket if in case you cannot book that seva ticket in advance

Hope this mite help you.

3. sridevipc

sridevipc Silver IL'ite

Tirupati -since u have only nine days book special dharsan ticket for thirupathi else u will have to spend much time here
    Thirutani Murugan Temple - same as above
    Thiruvanamalai Arunachaleswara temple after Thirutani Murugan Temple visit Kamakshi Amman Kanchipuram then go to Arunachaleswara
    along with Thirunallar u can visit thirunageswaram , uppiliyapar and thirumanachery other temples near by this

Saniswara Thirunallar -- their is pond were u need to take bath ,u need to leave a black vastram when u take bath their so u can take a black pice of clost and can leave it in pond when u take bath
    also u should not bend your head when u pray to sanishwara
    along with Kamakshi Amman Kanchipuram u can visit kachiswarar and murugan temole they are also famous as Kamakshi Amman Kanchipuram

it is better to special darsan ticket all the temple since very less time is their for u

4. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

Welcome to South India for a pilgrimage trip, for your convenience I have clubbed temples according to its vicinity and I guess you will be hiring a cab for this purpose.

Starting from Chennai you can cover Lord Murugan Temple, Tirutani, Lord Balaji Tirumala, Goddess Padmavathi Tirupathi, (On your way back to Chennai you can visit kalahasthi temple (Rahu/Kethu sthala) if you are coming back to Chennai)
    This can be two day trip halting at tirupathi, Start your journey from Chennai (probably say 7am after breakfast reach Tirutani and have darshan, Special entrance tickets are available and can finish darshan by an hour and then proceed to TIrumala plan your days and book online tickets for Seegara darshan (Rs300 per person) if not a week end or holidays in 3-4 hours you can have darshan, book your accommodation at tirumala also online along with eseva ticket and enjoy staying at the Top hill and refreshingly start the next day visit Lord Varaha Swamy temple near the Tank and proceed to tirupathi and visit Goddess padmavathi temple and also Lord Kalyana Perumal temple at Srinivasamangapuram.

Online booking of Tirumala e seva and e accommodation : www.ttdsevaonline.com/

If it is not too hectic drive down to Trichy and on your way try to visit Samayapuram temple, and halt at Trichy, next day morning start with Uchi pillayar koil, Lord Renganatha swamy temple, and proceed to Pillayar pati enroute to Rameshwaram, your next halt could be at Rameshwaram.
    If you can start you day at 5am you can see the abshegam of Lord Shiva for about couple of minutes and then have bath in 22 wells inside the temple, Standing in queue may take a long time, there will be people with buckets with whom you can bargain a fixed price (say Rs500/- for a group 4-5 inclusive of ticket price) Before noon you can finish at Rameshwaram, then proceed towards Maudurai covering Pazhamuthir cholai and Madurai Meenakshi Amman Temple, depending on time you sometimes if you are able to cover both or otherwise halt at Madurai

The rest of the temples some of them in Kumbakonam area and the rest another route for which I shall catch up soon in my next post..

5. mala76

mala76 Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

Thanks for the information. Please keep posting as it might help others too.

Few queries:
    1) What time Tirupati temple prayers starts? We will reach there in the evening and halt at tirupati. will be going for darshan early mng maybe by 6am. Will there be long q there at that hrs?
    2) We will be leaving to Rameswaram frm Madurai. Maybe shud be reach there by 730/8am.
    - heard that must bathe in the sea water and than proceed to 22 ponds before darshan. Pls correct me.

6. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

You post your doubts and we shall answer them known to our esxtent. Best wishes...