Need Info regarding 2-wheeler license in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Bangalore' started by amihere, May 6, 2010.

1. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi all,
    Have we to take/draw figure 8 while giving motor cycle driving test in Bangalore, I heard they conduct only road test and not the fig 8 ones.

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Re: Taking 8 with Scooter

yeah amihere...u dont have to draw 8 to get ur licence

I recently went to KRPURAM RTO for my 2 wheeler licence test...on that day we were totally 5 girls waiting to take the test...the road for the test was also not a test road, i mean street maintained for taking licence test...it was the normal street where the RTO office was... The test inspector just asked to park the vehicle first and then asked us to go...i personally dint know where to take the turn back...when i turned back to ask where the return point is, i found that the inspector dint notice me at all...

i dint know what to do...so turned back and went near him and parked the vehicle...he dint even look back at me after that...

this was the same for all who took the test...nobody knew what was next...hehehe

later after 1/2hr wait, our results were announced...yippe...i passed my test...
    i was so happy...hehehehe

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Swaran,
    Congrats for getting through the DL test:cheers Thanks for updating my abandoned old thread, I am still to take the LL. I am planning to go myself to the RTO office (that is not through any driving schools/agents). Was it how you did it?

4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks amihere

i too approached the RTO to take licence without any help from driving schools/agents...i guess there is not much difference here...maybe the difference would be that the agents will take care of all the documentation,here we have to know everythin beforehand or run around for getting everything( i did a few times for my Licence)

Actually i when i approched the RTO office for my LLR, i took all the required documents(i had browsed earlier to take the details)...then i got them verified and signed by the officer who is assigned to do the verifications...
    then was the test...i had heard that there used to be test with multiple options...so i tot it was easy...later i saw some people reading some signs...i tot y these people are reading when the paper will be with multiple options...:confused2:
    when my name was called, i went inside and there were 2 inspectors...each one questions a candidate...he asks us for handsignals and shows us the chart with all traffic signs(signs that i had never seen in my life)..and even asks the difference between 2 signs...
    obviously, i was blank,dint read all those signs and so failed..:thumbsdown:drowning

he asked me to appear after a week and also asked me to browse the net for the signs

i went next week,but this time i was fully prepared...whatever was the sign, i immediately responded and i got my LLR...yippeee:yes:

and after 1 1/2 months, i applied for my DL

5. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Gosh!!! I never knew this is how LL test is conducted here. Back in my home town where I took car DL we had the multiple choice written exam and it was too easy. So I have to start learning. I have noted down all required documents from the RTO karnataka website. Thanks for giving me the required info, I really appreciate your effort in letting me know:)

6. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

dear ami,

hope you have got your license. I too had a similar experience when I went for my test.the inspector was not even looking when I was driving. I went through a driving school, so I just had to go for the test. its easier that way, no hassles. :)

7. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Nopes dear, am still to apply for my LL. Till now didnt get time to go to RTO office. Every saturday goes by saying next saturday:bonk

8. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Ami,
    For LLR, they dont test 8. But for final Liscence, somtimes they test. I had gone through 8 test for 4 wheeler and online test for 2 wheeler too related to traffic signals too.
    Not a big deal!!!

9. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi dear, Yeah I know that ...was enquirinig about the 8 thing coz my DH and FIL didnt have ot give 8test for 2wheeler where as its the first thing you have ot give at my home town. Since I learned 2wheeler self, I never had a chance to try 8.

10. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

classic ami, I too used to do the same thing! next sat, next sat, finally I completed it :).