Need info on education!!!

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by GPriya, Sep 20, 2007.

1. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ilites,

I have a question for u all to get the info I need..

My friend's son.. who is a medicre in education, currently doing Bcom 1st year in Correspondence course in Chennai. Now, his plan is to proceed with CA..but since he is weak in math, he has failed 3 times in his CA Foundation.. and got demotivated badly.

My question is that what exactly is the apt course of education for him to get employed gainfully after completing his education. He is not artistic and may not have much interest in doing graphics etc., which was another possibility suggested by my colleague. Is there any courses that he can do aprttime while doing his Bcom and on completion of both courses (Bcom and one other) can he get employed right away?

Please suggest and help out this poor kid who needs direction from seasoned professionals.

Would appreciate any suggestion,
    Geeth Priya.

2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi,

He can do ACS, Law which will go along with his Commerce in the long run for his career...

For both CA & CWA, he may need maths.... If he is confident he can try also CWA....

Here he need not have to have a great ability in maths.... But should know how to apply logic and understand... Check out on CFA or MBA or he can go for IT industry....

There is a lot of scope... He has to decide what he wants to do and focus his oreientation towards that...

Veda

3. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi

I can suggest an MBA from a private college would help him a great deal, it'll cost a lot of money, but in private colleges of management there are good campus recruitments and they get placed straitaway in banks and in fact good corporates depending on the stream he chooses. He can even go in consultancy in IT companies. great career.

~Abha

4. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi Gpriya,

He can go for MBA - Marketing or HR because maths will not be an issue here. He can do software courses along with B. Com. He can study Law too.