1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Need Info Abt Bus Tours

Discussion in 'Indians in Maryland & DC' started by Cindhuja, May 8, 2008.

1. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi,

heard abt bus tours operated to watch world fame places. Are there any bus tours operated from NJ to washington or from NY to Washington? If u hav any experience plz do share with the pros and cons in it.

My husband says that it is not worth spending for a trip to washington, coz other than white house there are no other places of attraction....Is it so??

Share ur experience....

Thanks..

2. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cindhuja,

Washington DC is a really gud tourist place.U have lots and lots to see there.There is White house like ur husband says then there are many memorials which is beautiful and there the plenty of museums also.
    I feel Washington DC is a really worthy place to visit in summer.The weather is also gud if u visit in summer.
    Sorry I dont know abt any bus services.
    Hope other ILs from DC can give u a better option of places to visit in DC.
    I enjoyed my DC trip and hopefully u and ur husband do too.:thumbsup

suji

3. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Would it be good if are near by and do not visit the capitol of the United states???

DC has so many places to see,

Other than the white house, we have the Supreme Court and the Library of Congress in the Capitol Hill district

Then there is the Washington Monument, most prominent and one of the older, attractions in Washington, D.C. It was built in honor of George Washington, who led the country to independence, and then became its first President. You get to see the entire city from the top of the monument and its really cool....

You have several memorials built in memory of great leaders of the US and vicitms of war.

So many museums, The aerospace museum is one of my favs...

Then you have the Union Station - Union Station is the most visited destination in Washington, DC with over 25 million visitors a year. Washington’s train station and premier shopping mall, also serves as a venue for world-class exhibitions and international cultural events.

Apart from these you have so many scenic views around DC at a distance of around 20 miles...some of which are the Great Falls, The Burke Lake

There are so many temples and gurudwars, SSVT is one of the largest hindu temple in the US with sanidis for many dieties in it.

There are so much more, probably you would here from other ILS....

So dont you think there are lots you could miss by not visiting DC???

We would be happy to have you and your family here...

Mods can you please move this thread to the Sub forum "Indians in DC Area" please, this would be appropriate in that forum....

Thanks,
    Sri

4. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Need Info Abt DC and Bus Tours

I have already posted this thread in general discussion..later thought this section wud be more appropriate...

Hi,

heard abt bus [COLOR=blue! important][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]tours[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] operated to watch world fame places. Are there any bus tours operated from NJ to washington or from NY to Washington? If u hav any experience plz do share with the pros and cons in it.

My husband says that it is not worth spending for a [COLOR=blue! important][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]trip[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] to washington, coz other than white house there are no other places of attraction....Is it so??

Share ur experience....

5. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Re: Need Info Abt DC and Bus Tours

Dear moderators,

As Cindhuja said there is another thread with the same name and topic in the General discussions. Can you please merge both the threads and since the other thread has few responses it would be appropriate to have them in here, that would benefit other ILs...

Thanks,

Cindhuja,

I have answered your question on the other thread, hope that helps....

Sri

6. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cindu,
    Probably if your hubby is not interested in museums and historical places, then DC has nothing for him......otherwise DC has lot more things to do.....
    As other ILites have mentioned that DC has so many museums.....Natural History Museum (the most famous one probably and this only will take ur whole day), Aerospace Museum....(all abt space/air related things), Museum of Indian American, Postal Museum.....and what not.....Then we have the Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson memorial, National Monument, Vietnam War Memorial, Madam Tussade.......
    Then among places, u can visit nearby places like Baltimore......Annapolis, Willimsburg, Alexandria.....Bush Garden, National cemetry.....to name a few......
    Yeah, there are many bus services from in and around DC to allow you to visit these places......
    You can either travel from New York or directly from NJ, but from New York it comes very cheap.......
    Check Today's Bus, Grayhound, Apex Bus, Eyre Bus......
    Also, once u r in DC, you can take up buses to visit places like Baltimore/Atlantic City.....etc...
    Just search in the net and u will get plenty of options.....
    Thanks.

7. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Re: Need Info Abt DC and Bus Tours

Hi, yeah, we have already answered ur queries on the other thread..pls go through ur earlier thread.
    thanks.

8. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot to all.

9. vidyasriram

vidyasriram Senior IL'ite

Hi Cindhuja,

If you have booked your tour with a bus agency can you give me the address, I need to take my mom on this tour.

Thank You,

-Vidya

10. nabanitapain

nabanitapain Senior IL'ite

Hi

You can check the site gotobus.com for booking and planning for any trip from NYC
    They have plenty of bus tours available with reasonable rates.
    They provide you with very good hotels for nightstays...even when I went with these chinese travels I had a nightstay in Shereton also.....
    but the worst part of it is ...they fix you up with a time bound..and within that time limit you need to complete your tour....
    for example when I went for Washington DC tour.....they gave a time bound of only 2 hours for the Aerospace museum ....if somebody has visited that museum....you can know...2 hours is peanuts for such a museum.....
    but tours are safe and sound

So Go Ahead!

Nabanita