Need Ideas To Help My Friend.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SeekingMind, Nov 17, 2016.

1. SeekingMind

SeekingMind Silver IL'ite

My friend is 195 lbs in weight, 5' 2 1/2 " height, stay home woman in her mid 40s., no health issues except irregular periods which the doctor said it is due to her reaching menopause which is typically around 40-55yrs.
    I pointed out to her privately that she seriously needs to lose weight. She took it positively which I am glad she did. It was very easy to say that she needs to lose wieght but then she said okay you make a time table for me and I will follow it atleast for 3 months I Promise I will. I will be motivated to follow since Iwill then be answerable to you. I laughed off but now I think why not really make a schedule for her and see if that motivates her really.
    I need you inputs please. Pour in your ideas and let me see how it fits with her lifestyle.

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Healthy life style and eating natural food as it is, as much as possible.

Morning veg and greens juice
    After an hour sprouts as breakfast
    Greengram sprouts, for example

Lunch , brown rice or whole wheat chapatis , with veg curry/stir fry type with healthy oils, some dal for protein

Dinner also roti, veg or green curries
    Or even salad with roti

Finish diner by 7 , after no eating, not even fruit,

12 hr gap necessary .

As a snack nuts like almonds, raisins, pistachios, roasted ground nuts. Another time snack is fruit like apple, watermelon or any fruit

Always use less salt and use healthy oils in less quantity, use sesame seeds, ground nut power etc to enhance taste , instead of frying veggies

In the above diet no non-veg, no sugar, no deep frying, almost no masalas too, no sweets and mixture or Muruku and no restaurants food

Eating whole grains instead of polished rice/white flour

Eating natural food, (that is no cooking)as snacks

Veggie juice giving all needed vitamins , nutrients, and anti inflammatory, online search helps in this area

Also once in a week night time fasting helps,

With this diet she can eat stomach full but calories will lot be more

As she is eating healthy all body gets purified lot of repair at cell level happens, you can do online research on naturopathy. May be her period will get regular too , early menopause is not good in long term related to bone health, and it speeds getting old .

Once in a while for festivals like once in a month they can relax this diet and have some sweet or enjoy in a nice party.

And while buying grocery give importance to healthy way, like organic brown sugar instead of white sugar
    May be olive oil or sesame seed oil instead of vegetable oil.

I spent quite some time researching healthy food and I follow , so all point above are helping ones

Also as per naturopathy you can omit seasoning seeds like mustard, jeera, dhaniya etc and masalas like cinnamon, clove , etc . As much as u can

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    SeekingMind likes this.
  3. SeekingMind

SeekingMind Silver IL'ite

What harm does dhaniya, jeera, cinnamon, clove do?

4. KashmirFlower

Adding regular exercise important too, 1 hr walking, as fast as she can. If done regularly she can walk fast within a month,
    As she is in 40s adding weight bearing helps, she can
    For home remedies we use them, like kashayams etc, so they have medicinal properties, ayurveda also uses these in their medicines. so unnecessarily we are adding medicines to body.

Ex, Masala, can't we feel body warm to touch, eyes little burning, (we say it is heat in body) if we eat these cloves etc masala for few days regularly? And if you eat fruits and veggies only, don't we feel that warmness go away?

5. KashmirFlower

Adding regular exercise important too, 1 hr walking, as fast as she can. If done regularly she can walk fast within a month,
    As she is in 40s adding weight bearing helps, she can go gym or get 5 pounds weights and do at home , with the help of online research

6. centsibleindian

centsibleindian Silver IL'ite

I'd suggest you ask her to join gym or walk 1-2 hours everyday. Drastic change in diet or workout might not last long and she might not be able to continue after a certain point.

- Never stay hungry
    - Eat moderate rice and include lots of fruits and vegetables in the diet. Ask her to try Roti instead of rice if possible
    - Once a week indulgence is fine. In that one meal, she can eat whatever she likes to eat
    - USe fitnesspal or other apps for counting calories

Once she starts noticing the weight loss, she can hire a trainer or increase her workout intensity.

SeekingMind likes this.