Need help to moving to KL

Discussion in 'New to KL' started by lmbisht, Nov 19, 2012.

1. lmbisht

lmbisht New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

First of all, i wanna say sorry to be a intruder if this is "women only" web as i am 28 m from bangalore, india. But i very much desperate to get help from any kind of sources.

Another reason to be here is, who can tell the exact situation of family budget other than a women herself. :)

Ok so here i begin my story. I am from india, single and an IT professional with 5.5 yrs exp in software development. My monthly salary in india is approx 55k INR (includes tax).

Recently i got an offer with a salary of 12k rm per month in KL (it includes income tax also). As it's a direct employment and not the contract so i am planning to stay there for 1+ year.

Please let me know if this is a good offer to save some money while living a descent life (i.e. I am not much into parties or drinking and i am a veggie who eat egg ;)) in KL ?

Thanks in advance. Please respond with all the details you think might be useful for me. I have to join the company in Feb 13.

Also anybody has any feedback on Princeton Blue, which i have to join there.

Thanks in advance to spend ur time to read my query and any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards
    lmbisht

2. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Imbisht,

Welcome to Indusladies forum and also congrats on your new job offer.
    12k is a good salary; but how much is your taxes? The taxes are generally high if you stay here for a very short period of time.. please confirm this with your company..

Otherwise, all else looks perfect; cost of living is pretty inexpensive, ofcourse you can save pretty more than half of your salary.. Good luck.

3. lmbisht

lmbisht New IL'ite

Hi preethi,

thanks a ton for ur reply and wishes.

I'll be there for 1+ year and as much info i got from internet, it's 24-26 % flat for first 6 months and after that it will be reduced to 8-10 %. Can u plz confirm this.

Also i am planning to live alone in 1 room+kitchen. How much that can be cost to me ? How about other charges for room like brokerage and advance deposit ? And how much time refund will take place ?

Awaiting for your reply and sorry for shooting so many qu again :)

4. preethiitech

Hi Imbisht,

Generally, the tax that you have mentioned is right.. Also, confirm it with the company's HR once again..

Rental for room largely depends on the area you choose? There is no need to give room brokerage in most cases. The broker fees is borne by the house owner. Generally the deposit can be (minimum 1 month rental - maximum 3 months rental)

Btw, where is this company princeton Blue?? I tried to search in the Internet and found the address to be in Singapore only!! Can you share the location of the company address?

5. lmbisht

lmbisht New IL'ite

Hi Preethi,

I got confirmation on the tax from my company.

Yes, you are right here. Princeton Blue office is in Singapore only but i will work from client site which is in KL/bangkok.singapore. And my office not yet confirmed but it will be in KL somewhere.

As i heared about brickfield as a little india. How much will be cost of 1 room+kitchen there ? And how are electricity and water charges there ?

Thanks
    lmbisht

6. preethiitech

The room rents are highly variable depending on the condition of the apartment/condominium, and the facilities offered to you. Search 'room for rent in brickfields, kl' in the internet and you will see the various types and costs associated.

7. lmbisht

lmbisht New IL'ite

Hi Preethi,

Thanks a lot for all the valuable info u provide. May be i'll trouble you again if i come across other questions :)

Regards
    Lalit