1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Need help suggestion on deciding gifts to family in India from USA

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Priya4oct, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

We are travelling India for good on Jan and started shopping for family. I am now confused "what to buy for whom" and whatever we are buying is worth or not (not money wise..use wise) . As of now I have shorted below list -

1. Sport Watches for my DH's cousins ( all in the age group of 14-18)
    2. Dress and milk bottles for my newborn nephews
    3. Jackets for 5 year old kids ( want to buy some toys but not sure what I should buy..already baught V-Tech Mobigo and laptop)
    4. NailPolish set and bangle watch for S-I-L ( can you please suggest from where I should buy)
    5. Some purses for my S-I-L (bhabhi and elder S-I-L) but want to buy some thing else as well..please suggest.

Also We are not able to decide what to buy for parents, Grand Parents and elder brothers. Can you please suggest?

Someone in my building suggested for some Pain reliver spray and Belt ( for parents. But she was not sure which her DH bought. Can you please suggest me which I should bought.

I was looking in Amazon and Wallmart , got only Stopain Pain Relief Extra Strength Spray .

Friends, Please help me. We are very confused and want to make happy everyone with our gifts as We are eldest in my DHs family ( no D-I-L other than me) and youngest in my family (no sister other than me).

Thanks,
    Priyanka

2. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hey priyanka...
    I can suggest some items which I got
    1. For elders I got Bengey pain releiver and they all loved it. It was very very effective. Available over the counter in Walmart.
    2. you can also get those air tight container sets for families as a whole.
    3. I got those body washes, deos, Hair spray for girls.
    4. Watches for elders
    5. Bluetooth device for mobiles for bil, brother, father and fil.

Let me update as i remember.

2 people like this.
  3. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Thanks Saarang..got pretty much good idea.. (even my neighbor was also saying about Bengay but I didn't get her :()..Which one you baught ..I got lot of option in walmart..

is It bengay pain relief + massage?

4. itsjustme

itsjustme Silver IL'ite

you can also get saffor. it is a good choice as it makes a good gift and it weighs less

1 person likes this.
  5. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

hi priya4oct,

Yes, it is Bengay Cream (the red tube). I would suggest you to buy it in CostCo as it would be cheaper and you will get big tubes as well. My parents swear by it, as it relieves pain a lot. You can get Salon Pas pain reliever strips for elders too.

For your SIL, buy the watches at Macys (Anna Klein brand). They cost around 60-70 bucks and are good looking ones. If you want to buy something costlier, go to "Fossil" shop and pick up some really good watches for around 100-150 dollars.

6. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

Handbags, Facecreams ( fr my sisters), makeup , sandles if you know size, perfumes,nail polish or nail art for teenagers. I picked up Guess t-shirts for pre teen girls. All the best

7. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

After christmas sale on Dec 26th will be great day to buy creams, body wash, body perfume, after-shave etc in walmart/target/khols..etc. They will have for 75%-90% off, it will be wrapped in christmas theme, but inside is same brand.

8. vvvvvv

vvvvvv Silver IL'ite

For parents, cameras, handycam, television.
    SIL - bath and body works-body lotions, watches, handbags, make up stuff
    grand parents- watches and nuts
    cousins-t-shirts, watches, soccer balls

9. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I just bought this cordless stick vacuum for myself and I think it would be a very useful gift for parents/grandparents. It come with a 110v charger (will need a converter) and they can use in power outages as it is battery powered. It is super fast on hard floors (I did four rooms in less than 10 minutes) and will also handle thin mats that are so hard to vacuum with the big vac. I think it will go in a larger suitcase and then assemble the handle in India and it only weighs about 7 pounds.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Electrolux-Unirapido-Cordless-Stick-Vacuum-EL852A/16641552