1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help : Relocating to Boston MA

Discussion in 'Indians in Boston' started by krithigat, Oct 20, 2009.

1. krithigat

krithigat Senior IL'ite

Hi Preethi,
    Thank you for your reply. yes you are right, it is really frustrating after doing everything and then not moving.
    Once things get finalized, I will definitely post it
    Thank you for all the details you gave me.:thankyou2:

2. dan2009

dan2009 New IL'ite

Hi
    Little help here please.. We, a family of three including a 6yr old boy is planning to move to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Boston</st1:place></st1:City> by July first week from <st1:City><st1:place>bangalore</st1:place></st1:City>. My husband's office is in <st1:City><st1:place>Woburn</st1:place></st1:City> close to <st1:City><st1:place>Burlington</st1:place></st1:City> mall. Planning to stay there for 6months to 1.5yrs.
    I have gone through the previous posts and thought some latest info would be even better :)
    -Places to stay near office.
    -School for a 6yr old, is there any difference in grades, here he is in 1std.
    -Documents required for school admission there. He will still be enrolled in his current school in <st1:City><st1:place>Bangalore</st1:place></st1:City>.
    -I was in IT industry but not working now. Is there any thing which i can do there on a B1-B2 visa(H1B later on). I know that you are not allowed to get salary on a B1-B2 visa.
    - My interest include reading, sewing, music, roaming around, cooking (veg), traveling.. the usual stuff..
    Any other pointers would be really helpful..
    Thanks and regards
    Dhanya