Need help regarding software testing courses.

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by srebu, Sep 26, 2012.

1. srebu

srebu New IL'ite

Hi all,
    Iam a 36yr old woman with MCA degree but no work experience. I am thinking of doing a course in sooftware testing and starting up a career. Please answer my following questions to help me decide.
    Thanks everyone in advance.
    1. Is testing a right choice for entry level. How good are the opportunities?
    2. Are there any training institutes in Los Angeles area? Please share details
    3. What is the rate and time approximately?
    I really appreciate all your inputs.

2. archy22

archy22 New IL'ite

I was in software testing job for 7 years before i moved to USA.
    For beginners it is a very good option to start with testing and getting into the IT industry. I never took training courses as such. But you can try out looking for reviews online about institutes you search.
    Also you can think about certification courses like ISTQB or CSTE which will help you understand a lot about software testing.

3. shatmom

shatmom New IL'ite

Hi srebu,

Were you able to make any progress with the training and finding a job? Thanks for your reply.

4. raghavsmom

raghavsmom New IL'ite

Hi srebu,

I know a friend of mine who can help you with training. He charges very less fees and clears all doubts. If you want I can ask you to contact you.

Thanks
    Rekha

5. myangel

myangel Bronze IL'ite

Hi Srebu,archy22,shatmom,raghavsmom

Am priya,35 yr......done MCA....have been worked in Teaching......quit my job 5 yrs back...after marriage and deleivery...but now very much interested to get back into work...I live in uk....started self study...took some break...after seeing ur post felt very happy......friends can you give guidance.....need to study software testing by self(can't spend money for course in private) looking for entry level in software testing....

srebu....we both r in same boat.....give ur inputs i can also join with you.

hi raghavsmom....if you can tell how to contact ur friend for further details....

Thanks
    priya

6. annjust2010

annjust2010 New IL'ite

i am also looking for a training . Raghavmom - please share the trainer details .

Please contact me through private messages. You can sign up for
    private messages here - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/payments.php
    Thanks
    Ann

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2013
  7. raghavsmom

raghavsmom New IL'ite

Hello girls,

This site does not allow me to leave my email id. Tell me a way to send you the email id.