1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

need help regarding bedbugs

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by rajdhana57, Mar 23, 2014.

1. rajdhana57

rajdhana57 Junior IL'ite

I have seen bedbug in our home lastweek.i saw somany bedbugs in sofas matress.i throw sofa matress away.then pack all item.day before yestrrday.we cal pestcontrol for spraying.then yesterday clean and wash al the room.now I have doubt that I have to wash al the clothes or not.i sealed al the cloth in trolley bag.pls reply .wat r al the things should be done after pestcontrol .

1 person likes this.

2. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

Try to check what places bedbugs are hiding. Sometimes it is under the door frame sometimes cracks in the walls and sometimes furniture. Make sure pest control takes care of that. Usually bedbugs are most active after midnight. one or two days you can stay awake and observe and then get pest control done specifically at those sites. Repeated pest control treatments are necessary mostly at an interval of 2-3 months for it to completely go away. Meanwhile I have heard camphor is effective against it. so if no small kids around the house you can try keeping camphor tablets in mattresses etc. also have heard that krazy lines (the ones used for cockroaches work against bedbugs too..though I do not vouch for it..no harm in trying it on the wall cracks..again be sure not to touch it later on since it is toxic..is okay if no small kids around but will not try it in a house with kids)

3. rajdhana57

rajdhana57 Junior IL'ite

Thanks superwoman.actually I am very upset becos of bedbugs.after pestcontrol treatment I saw bedbis under the table fan bottom frame.wat the use of pest control.treatment done on this friday.not even one week run.i saw bedbugs..pls help

4. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

Bedbugs are quite persistent plus one does not get to know the exact location where they are hiding in the day...once you identify that the next pest control make sure that that area is covered. The pest control guys for bedbugs usually have to make two-three rounds before they are completely eliminated and it is better to do pest control every month/15 days or so till the bedbugs are gone, tell them specifically for bedbugs and you want them gone and he will have to followup with another pest control included in the same cost if the bedbugs does not go (that usually makes the pest control guys do a thorough job in every nook and corner and not just for namesake apply some medicine and go). Meanwhile all you can do is keep things clean and be on the lookout for their hiding places. if it is just the table fan you can replace it with another so that the bugs do not spread.

5. rajdhana57

rajdhana57 Junior IL'ite

Thanks for replying super woman.s well said.actually my son toys was not treated.kept outside while pest control.2 days back only I saw somuch of bedbugs and hundred of eggs crowded in the slide(toy).not even noticed before.then I throw it away.remaining cycle, car and other toys put into hot water and kept in balcony.i am in sharjah.like india I cant kept in sunlight.already I throw sofa, cot, matress.i decided to pest control again.thank u once again

6. suasin

suasin Gold IL'ite

Find out the source... Maybe the neighbour( we have adjacent doors), maybe schoolbus, taxi, a visitor. If you have carpeted the floor, take it off. We always remove clothes in the bathroom, really check for bugs whenever anyone has used a public transport.
    wait till june and when you go on vacation, ask your H to do a monthly pest control visit. Frequent pest treatments are not good with kids around.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  7. rajdhana57

rajdhana57 Junior IL'ite

Thank u suasin.i dont know may be neighbours. I find bedbugs near our sleeping area.bedbugs hide near the object around.daily I find atkeast 2 near sleeping area.2morow we are going to do one more pest control

8. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

9. deepakvonga

deepakvonga Senior IL'ite

is there any way that we can only destroy bedbugs because even i'm facing problem everyday once i see bed bug i'm not able to sleep on the floor also, really i'm tied with bedbugs please suggest me if anyone know better way

10. deepakvonga

deepakvonga Senior IL'ite

Hello friends got any suggestions please post...waiting