1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Need help quitting chewing tobacco

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by neha130277, Jun 1, 2011.

1. neha130277

neha130277 New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I need advise about quitting chewing tobacco. My husband has a habit of chewing tobacco since he was 18 yrs old, he is 33yrs now. His all the teeth are almost brown. He gives me false promises all the time, and also tells lies about the quantity of tobacco he chews throughout the day. I am fed up of his habit. He chews betel nut with tobacco, and sometimes only tobacco, manikchand, pan parag and what not!
    We are in Sydney(Australia).
    Is there any medication available for quitting chewing tobacco? Doctors ask to consult a psycologist about this matter which he dont want to...please suggest some medication if possible.

Thanks heaps in advance,
    Neha

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

3. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

yeah ! these days we have chewing gums which help patients to quit tobaco. i wont like to go in name and all as i feel its better u consult a doctor and then go for it.
    it shows good effects i have seen it, but then main thing lies on the patient , he should be willing to quit and show have motivation n will power only then all this will help.
    u can try yoga and all , it also helps in quitting in some cases.
    but first u he need to be ready to quit. u can take him to doc and he can show him cases where tobacco usage has been disastrous may be then he will understand !
    all the best!