Need Help pls, am confused!

Discussion in 'Housing' started by sanravi_1970, May 16, 2010.

1. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi

Its our high time to decide whether to stay in US or to move to India. So we are discussing all the pros and cons on both the sides.

My main concern is we dont have a house in India, so if we need to move, we need to buy one. So the area where to buy is one problem. MY inlaws live in mylapore and my mom in velachery. I prefer to live closeby to either or both :) But I dont know about the place, where to buy, good schooling,good neighbourhood, temples, shopping, water stagnation during rains etc. So I wish if ILites cud pour me some ideas on this..

Thanks

2. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

No ideas to anyone? Pls suggest something u know.Many of you have returned to India,at least you cud throw some ideas, ur experience, wat u did and so on..

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  3. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

You need starting point...why dont you decide on good school (atleast suitable) for your children and rent apartment or house for a year...this way you can try that area and decide on buying apartment/house later. If I were you, I would do like this...instead of buying apt/hourse right away & think this is not like US and not be happy at all..

Viji

4. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Viji for ur response. I kept it as a last option to go and rent in India before buying there,but the main reason i wanted to do it right away is if we dont get a good property in India, we might plan to buy here in US.