1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help - Plants Are Drying Even After Giving Water

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Priya4oct, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am a new gardener and trying to grow some plants in balcony. I have got couple of veggies like tomato , chilly and some show plants but dont know what is the issue , all those are drying. I am giving water every morning by checking earth (if it is wet or dry, as per suggestion by Nursery owner) but some plant still dying.

Please share some tips to revive those plants. (read some where that epsom salt with water help, please advise)

2. thanuriya

thanuriya Silver IL'ite

hey @Priya4oct

let me help u in some way.. i list some points so tat u make not of it daily wen u water ur plants
    check
    1) when u water, the excess water should drain properly from the pot
    2)u should check whether the soil u used for is good and it should not have any insects that might attack ur plant roots.(ill gv best idea to reuse the same soil)
    3)provide natural fertilizer every 15 days once(only if needed)
    4)where u have placed ur plants(surroundings like sunlight, moisture, air circulatory)
    5)water might be tap water, think does it contain chemicals?(if so ill help to use same tap water)

reply me if any issue ill try to give a suggestion

these are the main things need to be noted when ur plants get dry often.

share ur plants pictures let me see ..gv a close shot of ur plant,pot, soil and the place where u kept it

3. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Thanks Thanu..After my first plant dried, I started checking soil before watering plants.
    Soil we got from Nursery so I believe it should be good. Plants are kept in balcony and a sunlight come there until noon only.

Can you please help me on Natural fertilizers. I started putting used tea and banana peel (cut and dig into spoil).
    I also sprayed epsom salt (mixed with water) last week but dont see any change.

Can you also share some do's and donts for gardening (I am planning veggies)

4. thanuriya

thanuriya Silver IL'ite

does ur plants are totally dead?

5. radv

radv Gold IL'ite

If plants are kept under air-conditioner duct, hot air will dry out plants.

6. thanuriya

thanuriya Silver IL'ite

if it is totally dead remove the soil from the pot and expose it in sunlight for three to four days and den reuse the soil it will help you

7. thanuriya

thanuriya Silver IL'ite

if ur tap water contains any chemicals , you collect water everyday night and use that water morning..

its better to use tap water for plants after resting for about 10-12hrs.so chemicals in tat wont affect ur plants

8. thanuriya

thanuriya Silver IL'ite

plant needs sunlight, water and good soil ,, this is enough

in addition onl fertilizers. ill say that fertilizers are like medicines which is needed only plant has affected by something..better dont use any fertilizers .....even if u wish to use , go for natural fertilizers.

Natural fertilizers i preferred are onion/shallots skin, egg shells(these two wont attract mosquitoes)..if u go for natural fertilizer shops ull get fish scales and fish wastes mixture , neem fertilizers u can use these...

always prefer fertilizers to add in the soil dont go for liqiud or spray type fertilizers.

9. thanuriya

thanuriya Silver IL'ite

ill advice you to dry your soil by removing from your pot for atleast three days under open sun ( you said till noon ul gt sun directly na keep soil there) and start your plantation again newly.

10. Willingham

Willingham Junior IL'ite

So sad to know! There could be many reasons of drying out plants. You just need to check couple of things, like shelf life of plants or whether you have planted veggies in a proper manner or not. Yo need to fo for soil test as well and overuse of pesticides and fertilizer can also affect the plants.