need help: planning trip to London

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Shamala, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Shamala

Shamala New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I, my husband and my son (1 yr) are going to India in August. On the way, before going to India, we have decided to stop in London for 3 days. I needed some suggestions tips or advise regarding decent hotel to stay. And also, we will be reaching London early in the morning. What can we do with our luggages (4 suitcases), if we want to go out for sight seeing that day. Any information will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi Shamala,

When we had been to london, we stayed at the Holiday Inn, in Kensington. There are two Holiday Inns in the vicinity. This was very close to the Kensisngton tube station . Close by were grocery stores, pharmacy and multiple restaurants. Look up their website for more info.

LHR airport is very expensive to leave your luggage in their safe box. You could ask you hotel if they will hold your luggage for you till the checkin time. This way, you can go to the hotel, leave your luggage, freshen up and go sight seeing.

Hope this helps.

Vandhana

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  3. arinuw

arinuw Senior IL'ite

We had just been to London a week back. we were staying in Central Park hotel in the queensway area. near bayswater. they charged 80 pounds per night. however if you are planning a trip in august, be prepared for a hike in prices in all - hotel stay, sight seeing because as july august is summer season its a peak season for tourists and i have heard everyone hikes their prices.

4. bhappy

bhappy Silver IL'ite

how did you mmanage food for 2 year old ?

5. bhappy

bhappy Silver IL'ite

I need help in managing food for 2 yr old. pls suggest

6. bhappy

bhappy Silver IL'ite

Is northburry a good place to stay or citi center ?

7. kathi98

kathi98 New IL'ite

There are many good hotels and restaurants in London depending on your budget. The prices of hotels in London vary quite often. I would recommend checking out the website BookMe. You can compare ALL the reputable travel sites from one place, and save tons of money. Good luck and have a nice journey.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
    1 person likes this.