1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Need help moving to Stamford this July

Discussion in 'Indians in Stamford' started by shefali, Jul 13, 2014.

1. shefali

shefali New IL'ite

We are moving to Stamford, CT by this end of July from India with 2 kids 10 & 4 yr old.

Office location will be around 1 Star Point, Stamford, CT 06902.

Will need some expert advise on following as for family this is 1st trip to US.

1. Need to find good but cheap hotel for initial stay for 3-7 days. around ZIP 06902, 06901 as this will be walk able or nearest from my office location.

2. Apartment to stay and should be around $1500 and not go beyond $2000. I will need 2BR apartment.
    Also besides rent what all charges does apply (e.g. Trash, water, electricity etc..).
    Also can i get an apartment booked from India?

3. Something in a place which is easily commutable to ZIP area 06902 by bus or train and is nearby to grocery stores and has indian's living around.

4. Good Elementary school for my 10 yr old daughter. Any suggestions.

5. How is the public transportation in Stamford. Is buying a car must to move around or Train/Bus can suffice.
    Any information or link will help on this

Thanks and will be looking for your helpful replies so that can plan out things well..

2. lalithabrahma

lalithabrahma Bronze IL'ite

I hope you get someone from CT to answer this.

If not, google and find Indian Grocery stores/Indian Restaurants/temples nearby. Visit these places. Talk to the owners and ask them exactly what you want. As Indians visit these places, these organization/owners/managers have a good idea of where they live and the facilities. They are helpful.

Also try contacting/visiting nearby temples/churches/your religious institution or Tamil sangam/Telugu Association YMCA where you can meet Indians