need help in Varamahalakshmi Pooja

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Bambli, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Bambli

Bambli Gold IL'ite

Dears,

i'm planning to do Varamahalakshmi Pooja this week..
    This is first time for me doing this pooja. Normally in Malaysia, ladies will perform vilaku pooja in temple for Varamahalakshmi Day.

But i after going through few threads here, i decided to do it at my house.
    i have few doubts and seeking for clarification or advice from those have done Varamahalakshmi Pooja before this.

1) i have karumariamman amma statue for my daily prayers , can decorate Her and perform Varamahalakshmi Pooja to her ??
    or must I prepare the kalasam and do pooja for the Kalasam ??

2) once tie the yellow thread (nombu kairu) on friday, when should i remove it..??
    after remove what should i do with yellow thread ??

3) It's very difficult for me to invite married women to my house, cause most of them are working and will be going to temple on that day... so can i bring the "thamboolam" to temple in the evening and give to the ladies there ??

Pls help and advice.

2. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

Dear bambli

1) i have karumariamman amma statue for my daily prayers , can decorate Her and perform Varamahalakshmi Pooja to her ? or must I prepare the kalasam and do pooja for the Kalasam ??
    you can also decorate amman but keeping kalasam will be good

2) once tie the yellow thread (nombu kairu) on friday, when should i remove it..??
    after remove what should i do with yellow thread ??
    you can remove it after three days and put it in river or keep it near plant/tree

3) It's very difficult for me to invite married women to my house, cause most of them are working and will be going to temple on that day... so can i bring the "thamboolam" to temple in the evening and give to the ladies there ??
    Atleast invite 3 womens if not possible you can go to temple and give thamboolam.

3. vjaya1

vjaya1 New IL'ite

hi
    i am doing Varalakshmi poojai this time. i have a doubt about removing nombu kayaru.i ve read this thread.we need to remove the nombhu kayaru after 3(ie 4th day)days or on 3rd day.please clarify.thanks

4. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear vjaya1 Sister,

:welcome to IL family

Usually the counting starts from the festival day, so the third day is Sunday if the festival was on Friday.

Keep coming and enjoy being here, Sairam