1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need help in stopping cradle for sleep in my kid.

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by anumuks, Jan 20, 2014.

1. anumuks

anumuks New IL'ite

thanks a lot friends... But one issue about my kid crying is... If she cries she will vomit.
    Since I would have given dinner then right. She was vomit all wat she had.
    So I am very scared if she cries. :cry:

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Hugs to you. That would be tough.

Try to have a gap of about an hour and a half at least after dinner before she goes to bed.

When it is bedtime, have a routine in place. eg: a glass of milk, kiss everyone at home good night, brush her teeth, change into her night clothes, read her a story and put her in her cradle. Once she is in the cradle, even if you rock her, make sure that you turn off the lights and stop engaging with her. Do the same in the exactly same order everyday for a couple of weeks.

By the second week, she will know what is coming next and will be drowsy towards the end of the routine. Once she reaches that stage, take the cradle away. It will be a tough process, but all of you will sleep better for it.

Good luck.

3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

I have heard this happens when the esophagus tube is shorter.This is fairly common in children,as they grow older this will stop.

4. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Best thing is to put her near you in the bed and hug her and sleep. She would love to be pampared like that. I do that for my baby girl. I love hugging her and sleeping. In between i do sing her fav nusery rhymes for her also. Even she loves it....

There is no better happiness in thw whole world than this... believe meeeeeeee:yes:

1 person likes this.
  5. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

regarding son's sleep issues i have no problem :bowdown (THANK YOU GOD) when he is sleepy no matter what we do... he will sleep most of the time...

on his first bday we were on skype chatting to his grandparents and aunt etc... he didnt sleep at noon.... they were wishing and talking to him and all that... this guy suddenly closed his eyes and slept off... and didnt wake up till he was refreshed!! :exactly:

regarding vomitting issue... check if food is more for her... my son vomits when he eats extra... there are times when he is stubborn and doesnt listen and wants to have chips and sweets and what not after dinner... and then he vomits!! :rant

reduce quantity and see... give early dinner and then some lite snacks and then to brush and sleep... check it..

1 person likes this.
  6. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Parents cant get luckier than this...:thumbsup:
    Mine used to wake up at midnight and sleep at around 8am.Infact my granny used to say if we sleep early when we are expecting the baby then the baby sleeps well during the night.I dont know if it can be backed scientifically but it was so true for me.

2 people like this.
  7. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

Dinny,

touchwood... lucky sometimes yes... but

i too have gone through that route... nite "jagran" we named it...

almost one week or so...he slept at 10 pm... (we were happy... me and DH as we used to get some time to chat as son doesnt like us even sitting or touching each other :confused2: dono why was it... now also its the same.. he should say only then i get a hug or sometimes a kiss!!gigglingsmiley(when he is awake i mean) ) got up at 12.30 and slept at 7 a.m. i spent the night playing and feeding him timely and DH slept and when he slept have to prepare breakfast, cook lunch, clean and then if he is still sleeping sleep :bang i would get min 1 hour sleep or sometimes little more whole day... and this happened for a full week.Witsend.. then we hatched some plans and got over it !! phew!

now also there are times when he doesnt want to sleep early... but we playfully carry him to bed... and somehow put him to sleep!!

1 person likes this.
  8. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi...

op...

thank u fr starting this thread.currently i am putting my son to sleep in hammock.
    but was wondering how good it is.

Hi...
    dinny and ammani..
    going through what you ladies are saying.
    with my son (4th month) i will hardly get 1-1.5 hr of sleep.
    from 2nd month, he hd colic and every day cries.
    now he is slowly improving and he is resisting sleep i don't know why?
    he is very very sleepy but still wont sleep.
    any tips from u exp mommies ?

9. Lavanya30

Lavanya30 Silver IL'ite

Hi Gae3

This is one of the traits of Colic, babies resist sleeping how ever tired they are. They are very very sensitive to the surroundings, and just refuse to sleep until they get drained. Donot worry it will improve. I used to play white noise even for this afternoon naps:cry: and those would be very very short naps.

You may want to try playing white noise or rock him for day time naps as well.

10. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Hi OP,
    Does your daughter plays on the bed at day time? make her used to the bed. let her jump on the bed, you both sit and play together on the bed, so she will get used to it.

Also in cradle may be she is feeling like a cacoon, in the bed also you put pillows all sides, she feels it comfortable.

My 1.6 year son likes to have pillow surrounded by him and I lie down besides him, he comes close to me, like hugging and he chews the corners of his blanket, before going to sleep and he smells that, weird, but he gets comfort from that. I switch off the light, even before bringing him on the bed.