Need Help In Buying Phone

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Gaiya3, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Gaiya3

Gaiya3 Gold IL'ite

Hi
    Someone I know (who does not have a credit card) wants to get pay as you go phone. Main purpose is just to receive calls (mostly from outside US) and maybe a little texting. What type of phone should they get? How can a number be obtained? How can they re-charge when they run out of data usage? Will going to any T-mobile/AT&T Sprint or Best Buy stores be of any help? Or can they order any phone online and get sim card/data plan from local stores like wal-mart or Target or so?

Sorry to ask too many questions but any information will be of big help.

Thanks

2. leo645

leo645 New IL'ite

I'd like to recommend to you to go to best buy and chat with a seller, nothing else just chat.
    Than go Walmart and chat with another seller. Once at home or drinking a coffee in the MALL rethink what you need. You can amplify your search with cellphone stores just don't buy a thing before being clear.

That costs you a day or 2 no more.

Gaiya3 likes this.
  3. Gaiya3

Gaiya3 Gold IL'ite

Thanks @leo645 will ask them to check it out

4. Ebenipada

Ebenipada New IL'ite

I don't know what to do. I have an Oppo smartphone. He is 1.5 years old and he stopped turning on. It happened suddenly. Maybe I can order some Oppo spare parts. Or is it better to buy a new phone? What can you recommend?