1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

need help for relactation

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by mkclg, Mar 18, 2008.

1. mkclg

mkclg New IL'ite

dear all,

My dear baby was born 0n 15th oct 07 & running into his 6th month.He was on BF exclusively for the first 3 months.I was willing to keep him on BF only till he completes 1 year but owing to sum illness i couldnt feed him for 2 months almost & put him on Lactogen which he really likes & gaining weight also.My problem is that now I want to restart BF but milk product is almost dried up especially. in left breast since generally in nights he takes right breast so there is very low supply in right side but 1-2 drops in left breast.I am thinking of purchasing a breast pump as i have resumed my office work as well.Pls advise me what are the ways to have the same supply back.I cant offer him breasts very frequently to him since I am away throught the day.i was taking Dalia daily during lactation time & supply was good.Can i express milk with my hands to increase its supply because without good supply its senseless to invest in a pump.I need sum assurance also that it is possible to restart lactation otherwise i m really too tired after my offce hours to experiment things .I am living in a nuclear family so i have to manage evrything alone household works,office works and baby needs.I desperately wants to give breastfeed in nights so that i may have a sound sleep otherwise my baby wakes me up twice in night for feeding.
    Thanks in advance,
    mkclg

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame