1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Need help...Date syrup with Milk combination?????

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by smiles4u, Feb 11, 2010.

1. smiles4u

smiles4u New IL'ite

:hiya:hiya

i use to drink lion date syrup with milk daily before going to bed:coffee.It does'nt do any harm to me so far.But today i have seen in one thread that we should not take Date syrup with milk as Calcium in the milk will inhibit the iron (in dates) absorption by our body.Is it true?????
    If so i will stop having that combination.:bowdown
    But please suggest me in what way i can daily consume Lion date syrup.:crazy

thanks in advance

:cheers
    sandhya

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010

2. sharonbaskaran

sharonbaskaran New IL'ite

lion dates syrup can be consumed mixing with water?????...

3. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

In the commercial itself they show mixing date syrup in milk! in that case, we need to check lot of such combinations in our daily diet. :) I eat 4 dates and two dried figs daily.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dates themselves contain calcium and it is ok to add it to milk. i have read long back the nomads, use to sustain for long by having dates with goat milk..

5. achinntya2010

achinntya2010 New IL'ite

hi Sandhya,
    I donno whether u got an answer for ur question. Let me share the fact i know.
    Its said that calcium and iron shouldnot be taken together as calcium will absorb the iron. But there are quite a few exceptions where u can take both together. One is dates syrup with milk and the other one is jaggery with milk. But for both the milk should not be hot.
    For better absorption of iron, take vitamin C either with it or take it in the morning after BF.

Take care,
    Archana