Need Help - Afraid of Interviews

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by visala, Jan 9, 2008.

1. visala

visala Senior IL'ite

hai friends,
    i have completed BSc(computers).I want to do a job but i am not sure which to apply. I like teaching(school) but no one in my family r letting me to apply to that job. I am not interested to go software side(i did Dot net course). mainly i am afraid of interviews. my friends r saying that u will not get enough payment. what should i do...??????????

bye.

2. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Re: need help

Hi visala, cheer up yar..
    My advice to you is go for personality development class, participate in group discussions and seminars. U'll get rid of your interviews fobia.. Enjoy ur life!!

3. Kodavati

Kodavati Senior IL'ite

Hi Visala,

There are many people like you.
    If u really want to do something which you enjoy go ahead and follow u'r heart.
    But if you want to really come to the software side, there is nothing to be afraid of.
    As told already u can enroll in a good Personality Developement program.
    But enrolling is not enough. U shud have the interest and the zeal to participate and do what is required for you to overcome your obstacle(u'r fear or interview).
    Many people have fear when facing any interviews like:

1.Language (Many fear that they can't speak english properly)
    2.Subject (U shud know it throughly or atleast the required to apply for any position)

I hope this works for you.
    If you want to know more you can surely get back to me.
    All the Best

Kodavati

4. ashukrishna

ashukrishna Bronze IL'ite

hi visala....

dnt worry sure u'll get the job yaar...

when i faced candidates in the interview panel....all thy expect is a very simple English knowledge with sound knowledge in ur subject... if u r gonna be a fresher... thn u'll be having ur aptitude test, followed by group discussion n thn ur interview....u need to clear all....

1. have a good practice on ur aptitude
    2. which ever field u wanna get in just do a small homework on that... try to get information abt that in the market... so tht u 'll get a medium idea...
    3. now be clear with ur subject n try to get info on how to implement in ur wrk...
    4. as the previous msgs... u can attend personality development courses...if u really wanna zeal
    5. read news papers...try to do homeworks in self introduction , try to speak abt certain topics(mainly on current affairs)
    6. if u follow the above 5 points till u get job... sure u can overcome ur fear, jumbling -shattering words while communication....clear ur interview...
    hope this will help...
    dnt worry.. sure u'll get job
    cheers...!!!:)
    ashu

5. hopeforgood

hopeforgood New IL'ite

Visala

If you are in India..its easy for you to pursue jobs...Reg. not getting into software and want to pursue teaching profession you can do both at a time..how??? you can join as a faculty or computer teacher in any computer training institues..or schools..that way you can hone up your skills on computers and also work on teaching which is your interest..

To improve your confidence levels start with teaching in a school and then slowly move to the next level like faculty in a training institue where you can train on high end topics in computers....good luck...

6. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Hi Visala,

First decide where your interest lie. Its better to have a job that you will enjoy than to have a job where it will be a pain to go to work everyday.

You should attempt few interviews just to know where you stand and also to know what kind of questions will be asked in interviews. It will also help you to gain confidence. You will also come to know what are the qualities that the companies look for in a candidate and what kind of package can they offer you.

But the first step to anything is the belief in yourself. If you think you can make it then no one can stop you from that.

No matter how afraid you are of the interviews you need to face them once, the fear is till the time you face it.

The interviewers are not man eaters:-D and 99% of them will make you feel comfortable. Appear confident and if you don't know the answer of any question tell them you don't know it. As you are a fresher no one will expect you to know everything, what they will see is the confidence and the ability to learn things faster.

All the best.

regards

:coffeeShiva

1 person likes this.