1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Need help about my mother's visa coming for help during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by ramyau, Jun 7, 2007.

1. ramyau

ramyau New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I am Ramya right now staying in New york. Now i am 6 months pregnent. As its difficult to manage yourself, we had decided to call my mother during delivery time & asked her to do her passport.

The problem is in my passport i have my father name as only Narayanappa Ranganath ( as his name is B.N.Ranganath ) & mother name as Nagamani Ranganath ( as her name is M.N.Nagamani ).
    But in my mothers passport she as given her name as Malagal Nagegowda Nagamani & my fathers name as Bangalore Narayanappa Ranganath.

Friend will u pls tell me that my mother should change the passport or if its like this will she get the visa. Pls suggest me, i will be waiting for ur suggestions.

Ramya

2. shrinithie

shrinithie New IL'ite

Re: Need help regarding visa to mother during pregnancy

first of all, Congrats on your pregnancy. Enjoy your time and I pray for your safe and healthy delivery.

Name mismatch is not a big issue to be worried off. You can get more information about these queries from www dot path2usa dot com site.
    This gives answers to all the tourist visa related questions.

Hope this helps you.

Rgds
    Nithya

3. radi

radi New IL'ite

Hi Ramyu
    Congratualtions for u'r pregnency . Am also 6months pregenncy now.
    Am in Austin,TX.

Don't worry about u'r mother name. It is optional to visa. If u'r mother name is wrong that is not a problem. they r seeing only HDFC bank Barcode and Passport No. is correct or wrong.
    Last month my parents went for stamping actually my father name also some little bit mistake but they r not restricted for stamping. My parents got visa.

So don't worry about that. Take care..

Cheers
    Radhika

4. ramyau

ramyau New IL'ite

Hi Nithya,

Thanks a lot for the information. i will surely go throught the websit. once again thanks u very much.

Regards
    Ramya

5. ramyau

ramyau New IL'ite

Hi Radhika,

Frist of all, congraluation for ur pregnancy, hope enjoying very much.
    Thanks a lot for ur post. when is ur due date.
    Is this ur frist baby ?
    ok thanks again.
    take care.

Regards,
    Ramya.

6. grajani

grajani New IL'ite

congrats and all the best for a safe delivery.
    As everyone has mentioned it wont be a problem.To be on the safer side.You father can go to the local government office and get a certificate stating that both the names belong to the same person.

regards
    grajani

7. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi

congrats for pregnancy first of all

and name change is not a problem at all...

I have myself gone thru this problem, what your mother needs to do is, go to the central passport office, i mean whichever is the main office for passport in ur city... and there is this particular officer who deals in such cases, they need to go to him and explain whatever they want to be done... and what the passport office will do is that on the second page they will put a stamp and write themselves the correct name... you submit the passport for correction and you have to collect it back the next to next day... its easy no big deal.

all the best
    ~Abha

8. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Hi Ramya,

Congradulations - you are six months pregnant!!! Is the baby dancing too much inside? I hope you enjoy your pregnancy. I don't have any solution for your problem. But I pray and hope that your mother comes to NY before your delivery and cooks good nutritious food for you (atleast during the last days of your pregnancy). There is nothing like mother's love, care and food during this time.

Enjoy your pregnancy.

Amitha

9. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Hi, Ramya

Congrats and best wishes for your delivery. I would like to inform you that your parents should not put as reason for coming to U.S as your delivery. If they say the reason of being with you during delivery, I am afraid they will not get visa as it happened to my sister and brother-in-law when they wanted to come for their daughter's delivery who is in New Jersy. Later, the travel agent manged to get the visas (they got 10 year B1/B2 visa) for them. btw, my daughter's name is also Ramya and she is also an Ilite and she is in Phoenix. Her twin brother, my son is in Manhatten, New York.

Regards,

TDU