Need Feedback about Treamis World School in EC

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares in Bangalore' started by gundasi, Feb 20, 2008.

1. gundasi

gundasi New IL'ite

2. VinitaK

VinitaK New IL'ite

This new school started one year ago. When I admitted my son they just had a kindergarten block and an art center. They have been making steady progress on the facility. The school is promoted by a group of people from the USA. I was initially doubtful whether they would continue developing the school. In one year, they added another 36 rooms, huge library and three laboratories. I was impressed with their kindergarten block. It has excellent design. Now I am impressed with their three labs. The design is very unique. All the class rooms are huge. However, they limit the class room strength to 20 students.

They have a baby pool and a large swimming pool. They teach swimming in the school as part of the curriculum. My six year old who used to get scared of water now swims easily. Their curriculum is based on a US school they have association with. They add Indian part of History, Geography etc. to this curriculum. For the high school they have Cambridge and CBSE curriculum. They have built a residential facility in the campus. They have now started offering residential school service.

When I admitted my son, they told me that they will start teacher and student exchange program with the two schools in the US. They are now bringing teachers from the US. Next week they have a workshop between the teachers of Treamis and the teachers of Lake Forest Academy in Chicago. They have invited few parents to attend. I will be attending this event. Will know more about their tie up with US schools. I have seen 4 other international schools in Bangalore. I think Treamis is the only school in Bangalore that comes close to saying true international school. I am more than satisfied with this school.

Vinita

3. muralijais

muralijais New IL'ite

Best School - Deens Academy or GEAR Innovative or TREAMIS World ?

Hi All,

First of all I would like to thank all the members who have been actively writing in this forum with valuable discussion threads on schools. I have been breaking my head for almost a month now to get some good schools based on web reviews in to my list for my 3.5 year old (to be in June 2009) son. My son currently goes to playgroup in EuroKids HSR Layout. I had good reviews about his schooling so far from teachers and their assessments.

I live near Silk Board Junction and I have to decide on the following schools:

1. Deens Academy - 19kms from where I live
    2. GEAR Innovative - Should be < 10kms
    3. Treamis - 13kms

I am looking for a school which gives equal importance to extra-curricular apart from academics with facilities to teach crafts, arts, swimming, athletics etc., To be precise, I am more worried about my kid's personality development and positive attitude than academics. I believe that qualities like leadership, innovative or out-of-box thinking etc., has to be taught from child hood days rather than in adult stages which will shape the kid to be a successful individual in future.

If you have suggestions for other schools of such qualities in and around HSR Layout, Electronics City, Marathahalli, Sarjapur Road etc., it would be more valuable for me to decide.

Thanks in advance.

Murali

4. ramtajogi

ramtajogi New IL'ite

Re: Best School - Deens Academy or GEAR Innovative or TREAMIS World ?

Hi Murali,
    did you get a reply to your query ? I am facing exactly the similar situation for my kid -- it would be great if you could share your experience and feedback received

thanks,
    -Ashish

5. muralijais

muralijais New IL'ite

Hi Ashish,

I haven't received any feedback from the forum. But I have enrolled my kid in TREAMIS World School based on the following points:

1. I read some feedbacks in internet about TREAMIS and also some feedbacks on
    Treamis from Mr.Narayana Murthy, Mr.Sam Pitroda in their website.

2. I like their curriculum and I am kind of guy who believe that academics is not everything
    in life for a kid and child also needs more involvement in arts, sports and music. Also
    Life experience is vital than book experience.

3. I visited their campus last month, I was impressed with the way the teachers treat the
    kids (went on a working day). It is a children friendly environment, the schools respects
    parents (unlike some of the leading schools in Bengaluru) and they give equal
    emphasis on academics, arts, music and sports.

4. The most important thing is I could easily approach Ms. Dakshayini Kanna (Director of
    the school), had a healthy discussion about the roles and responsibilities of teachers,
    parents and the school in shaping the kid to be a good and intellectual young man.

5. Last but not least, Treamis was much closer to Deens for me because I live close to
    Silk Board Junction. 13 kms from my home to school but non-peak (IT office crowd)
    hours it took only 30 to 40 minutes to reach school which is good.

Having said all these, I have no idea about GEAR. I have seen good internet reviews about Deens Academy.

6. ScarletoHara

ScarletoHara New IL'ite

Hi MR. Murali,

Iam very happy to find a like minded person. We are luking for a gud school in bgalore. We will be shifting to Bglore in Jan .Iam very impressed with all 3 schools u have given .We havent applied anywhere since this shifting is sudden .Will we b able to still able get a place? what will be fee structure ? we can base ouselves according to the school (whichever is best) .Your guidance will be very useful.

Thanx in advance .

7. muralijais

muralijais New IL'ite

Hi ScarletoHara,

I am not sure about it. But I would suggest that you get in touch with the school and explain them their scenario. Probably some school management might understand you situation and suggest you some methods to block the seats for ur kids.

I know that treamis has a option of enrolling online. You can visit the school website where you will get more information about it.

I don't know about the fees structure of any other schools other than Treamis. You can visit their website to know the fee structure.

Regards,
    Murali

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2008
  8. muralijais

muralijais New IL'ite

Hi,

I have no clue about online enroll process for admission in GEAR or Deen's. But Treamis has got an online enroll process which can be useful for returning people. You can visit Admissions section in their website to look for more information on that.

Also I have no clue about GEAR or Deen's Academy fees. For treamis, you can contact the school admission officer Ms.Divya Sharma or can alternatively look at their website.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Murali

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2008
  9. ahas

ahas New IL'ite

Hi

ScarletoHara we are also making a sudden move to Bangalore from US and based on net reviews zeroed on Deens Academy and have admitted my elder kid there but couldn't get a seat for my younger 3.5 yr old as everything is full! We really liked the way they were so responsive and approachable! Only thing might be distance as we will be living in Marathalli and this place is around 7-8 km from our place as what we have heard! The fee structure is around 80k. I would advice you to hurry for admission as it is crazy out there and seats are full in no time. Most of the good sought after schools start admission from Sept-Oct itself for next yr that's what we came to know!

10. veena praveena

veena praveena New IL'ite

Thank you very much Mr.Murali and Ahas.Even my son is 3.5 yrs now.I will apply for treamis online.Murali is it easy to get into treamis ? Iam bit corncerned abt the school being new .