need encouragement and confidence..

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Workingstudent, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Workingstudent

Workingstudent Junior IL'ite

It's the 1st of December, 2011. I have exactly 17 days left to graduate from my masters program. I also have exactly 20 days to leave Cleveland and go to San Jose to my to be SIL's place to hunt for jobs. I had to start hunting for jobs from 6 months before my graduation. I have not yet started applying even for a single company yet. I know it's a huge blunder I have committed. But every time I sit to apply I get nervous and shaky and start to cry and shut the computer. I have no experience having a real job before and I am 24. I am very confident in front of interviewers but I feel I will not be even called for interviews to impress them coz I don't have experience in the first place. I really need the encouragement to start searching for jobs. I also have this great fear of answering people who ever ask me about my job and what kinda job i am looking for. I am scared i will look like a fool to them that I don't have any experience being this old. I avoid them and try to run away from such questions. I need to also post my resume on linkedin which is just not ok with me. I cannot expose myself to the while world:hide:. I am procrastinating every single thing that has to be done and that has left me here with 20 days to go:drowning... PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME with some words of confidence and advice to overcome all of these problems. Thanks in advance!

2. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

every one who is a big manager today would have started their career as a fresher.So do not be afraid of having no experience.first list down all positive aspects of you,those small activities that you did which can be listed on CV and then prepare your resume with confidence.So take the first step today.Post your resume on job sites.Do not worry about whether someone will call for interview or not.Do not worry about what others will say because it is your life and you have to live it.By posting your resume you will create an opportunity for any one employer atleast to look at your resume.Do not procrastinate things and jump ahead and start today.

2 people like this.
  3. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Well said JGVR!

We are not our 'behavior' but the 'REGULATOR' of our behavior.

We can control many behavioral problems by just controlling our THOUGHTS and not allowing our UNHELPFUL EMOTIONS to rule over us. Thoughts give rise to the behavior and emotions. If the thoughts are controlled, you automatically control your emotions and behavior. If you can just make a list of helpful emotions and unhelpful emotions, and before that what are your goals and what thoughts and emotions would help you to reach your that goal, you would not need to seek any person to encourage you.

Quote: We are what our thoughts make us.

I am not sure if this blog can help you with the stress management A journey to INNER BLISS: Workshop by Mr. Angajan Day 2 as I believe you can help yourself the best.

Control the thinking process.

2 people like this.
  4. Workingstudent

I completely agree with u that every person who is worshiped as the God of his/her field, was a newbie like I am someday. I will start practicing what you said and hope to get into action. I want to keep adding posts to this thread to update what I am doing on a daily basis. This will probably keep me committed and I will be pushing myself to apply every day. Today is the START and thanks to U..

1 person likes this.
  5. snehalu

snehalu New IL'ite

Hi,

Don’t worry, before applying for any job every body feels nervous & scared, but remember one thing, give your interview with 100% confidence and be true to yourself. Do you know sometimes the person who takes the interview he or she is also nervous, so Be Happy.

Quote; TRY TRY BUT DON’T CRY.

Regds,
    sneham,

1 person likes this.
  6. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

Be positive is the way to success. Its a mantra which everyone should chant. Be positive in life and boost your self confidence. Please read this book "The secret" by Rhonda Bryne also watch the DVD it is full of energy and I am sure will boost your self confidence. You make it a practise yes I am capable of and I can do it. Life for you is just started so come out of negativity and open the door to positivity then you can see success is all yours. Apart from that practise yoga and meditation if possible. Have healthy food and exercise everyday. Talk to people and mind it positive talks only. Try all these and crack your interview. All the very best for your future and remember once you get everything never forget to thank the people who have supported you in all your situations.
    All the best
    Pranati

1 person likes this.
  7. Workingstudent

Thanks... Its good to know that the other side person is also feeling insecured and that I am not alone feeling that way in the room..

8. Workingstudent

I would like to keep u guys updated on what I am doing from time to time. I, after reading your posts, posted my resume in LinkedIn, applied to 12 jobs till now in a week and have spoken to my supervisor and professor for recommendations on LinkedIn. I have also spoken to couple of other seniors who went thru this phase recently. Thanks to u guys I have made a start. I need u guys to keep encouraging me for me to get thru this path and get out with flying colors.
    Thanks again!!!

9. yusha

yusha New IL'ite

Hi,

I remember myself 2 years back with your post and believe me you will be very confident once this phase is gone..Few tips which I did
    1. Try to talk before a mirror as if you are taking interview call.
    2. Try to read positive quotations!
    3. Post your resume in monster, dice too.

Good Luck

10. Workingstudent

Hi Yusha,
    Thanks for those useful tips.. Will definitely follow them..