Need courage: Help required to proceed my further studies ?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by vdeepab4u, May 26, 2011.

1. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

Dear friends:

Just to start with a small profile, I am a graduate and working in a financial industry. I have enrolled myself in ACS when I completed by +2. But due to some family problem i didnt proceed with CS and enrolled myself in the college and completed by degree with distinction and gold medal. After some years i again enrolled myself to acs, got married and left the decision. I have not even attended one exam till now.

But somehow I want to complete my ACS which is my life target. My hubby is giving me full support. I have a 2 1/2 years kid who is taken care by my mother. Financial I can afford my studies. But now too i dont have courage to proceed my studies as i am getting fear that i will not complete.

So, I request all my IL friends to give me courage and help to get positive vibrations in me so that i can proceed my studies. I am always getting fear and negative thought that i am not capable of completing it as it is a professional programme and a tough one. Is there any solution to build courage and shall i go to a psychiatrist so that i will get positive result. Please help me.

Sorry for the long post.

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

I admire you!!!!!:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

Since your DH is supporting you, just go ahead and do it. Do't go out too much functions etc. Study, study, study.

When I was young, I did not work hard on my education. Now I do go back to college and take classes. I have seen lots of women who work outside, have children and demanding house work etc go to college to earn degree

Please do it. God Bless you.

CL

3. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Please do it Deepa. Dont worry. You can do it. Even i plan for higher studies now. (MBA) .. All the best..

4. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

Thank you CL and Latha for your encouraging words.. The next exam schedule is in December. Let me try this time..

BTW Latha, In which university are you trying for MBA and in which stream ?

5. latharam09

Yet to decide Deepa, But my mind got diverted now and haulting for a while. Coz, I have got a job now.. joining on June 1st. so thinking of getting steady in job first, then i may join MBA... I am very much interested in HR and Admn.

6. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

You can use the story of my father as inspiration. Due to family problems he was not able to attend college after high school and ran a 141 acre farm. But his dream always was to be a veterinarian. He got married and kids but still he had this dream. At that time adults going back to college was rare here but finally he saw no future in what he was doing and so he applied to the top school in the country for veterinary studies. (He was 36 at that time.) They were critical of his ablility to hold it together as he had a familly but his grades from high school were good so they said we will take you for the first year on probation and if you do well you are in. (The competition for any spot at all in this program was very very stiff.) Local people to my dad were not supportive at all, some even told him he was too old to think, he would be a failure and come back in a year. So my dad sold off his livestock and machinery and went alone up to the university to study the first year and my mom worked that year for income. He did well and was permanently admitted and graduated with his degree from Ivy League school. He built his own hospital which he ran for some years and then changed and became a professor of veterinary science and lectured to veterinary societies on radiology on the side. My dad went from a farmer to a doctor....so what is holding you back?

7. latharam09

^Great to hear that. I salute your dad..

8. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

That was really a lovely inspiration at the right time. Salute to your dad:bowdown

9. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

Congratulations on your new job latha. I wish you a bright future :thumbsup and hope you will not deviate from your MBA. :hide:

10. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Dear All

I 2 sail in the same boat. I am rank holder in MBA and got married after that. After coming to here in this country i did my CIMA inter and didnt succeed . Due to some reasons i didnot continue my hubby is a good guy. He now keeps motivating me to do CFP. I have 21/2 yrs old DD and with inlaws .Daily my day goes with chore jobs and work with my hubby from home.
    Pls check my previous thread on CFP if any one knows on its scope and motivatation badly needed. Hey i 2 quitted ACS after i passed my foundation.