Need clarification about laproscopy

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by gayathrirajan87, Apr 16, 2013.

1. gayathrirajan87

gayathrirajan87 New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    i'm new to IL.
    I got married in jan 2011.
    i have irregular periods and PCO. i went for treatment 4 months back. no follicle was found for the past 3 cycles and now my doctor suggests me for Laproscopy. She said that instead of taking Harmonal injections we can directly go for Laproscopy.
    but i'm very confused abt opting laproscopy. how far the result will be success... can i go for second opinion? heard that laproscopy will give a permanent mark in the abdomen. will it be painful? any other treatment seems successful? pl do clarify.... and one more thing.., if lap s done is that sure that i will get pregnant the same month? else it would take several months.. is laprscopy is done only for treating PCOS? how will i get follicle if i do lap?

i'm sorry for asking too many questions. but i'm clueless regarding this. pl do help and clarify.

thanks in advance

2. skans

skans Silver IL'ite

Hi Gayatri,
    I was given metformin tablets for PCOS. Do you have a cyst or something that needs to be removed? I had a cyst and underwent laproscopy to get it removed. I have not heard of laproscopy for treating PCOS, but I may be wrong. If I were you, I would get a second opinion.
    Wish you good luck.

3. gayathrirajan87

Hi Skans, Thank u so much for ur reply.
    I dont have any cyst.
    The doctor said that PolyCystic Ovaries r there.and no follicle is found. then she advised to go for Laproscopy.
    I'll surely go for a second opinion Skans..

4. gayathrirajan87

Hi All,
    I wanna go for a second opinion before going to Laproscopy. can anyone suggest good gynecologist in and around velacherry or madipakkam.