Need carnatic music teacher

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by raagam, Jan 30, 2008.

1. raagam

raagam New IL'ite

Hi Everyone, I am looking for an excellent carnatic music teacher in chennai (who also performs ) to train my 10year old daughter who has a very good voice and has been learning for few years. I am looking for someone who can train her voice and to perform. I would like someone who knows about voice culture and voice training etc. Please let me know asap. I would really appreciate your help.Thanks

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008

2. pushkala

pushkala New IL'ite

Hi!
    My aunt is a performing artist and takes classes both in chennai ..around 70 students plus she sings for dance recitals.

Cheers
    Pushkala

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2008
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi raagam,

Which area are you preferably looking at. there is the sivan arts academy at mylapore. performing artists teaching....there is sasikiran, sanjay, sowmya, shankari..lot of people who have students..but the procedure i don't know...

but suguna purushottaman in ashoknagar (??) is a great teacher as far as i have heard....

(P.S.Not all performing artists make great teachers..and not all teachers make great perfomers...)

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Vidya,

I know sankari krishnana teaches.

Sankari Krishnan
    'SRI KRUPA'
    Old # 34 New # 44, First Floor
    Third Main Road
    Raja Annamalai Puram, Chennai - 600 028
    Tamil Nadu, India
    Land Line :- 91-044-24323302
    Mobile :- 91-9444202605
    eMail :- sankarikrishna@yahoo.co.in | sankari_krishnan@hotmail.com

5. raagam

raagam New IL'ite

Hi shanvy, thaks for your prompt reply. I know I can always count on you. i am planning music lesson through skype. I will call these people and try it out first. By theway thanks for your advice. Take care. raagam

I know sankari krishnana teaches.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2010
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi raagam,

If it is online, you could check out sivan academy. they have a facility for that...check out their website...

Welcome to Sangeetham Inge Paadalam.com
    I don't know about the quality of the classes. just heard from a cousin that they are now teaching online.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

you are welcome vidya

all the best to your daughter...some of these artists take students only after they are in the midst of varnam. do check out.

8. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya
    There is one teacher whose name is Yogam Santhanam.She is a disciple of M.L.V.
    She live in Mandaveli.She is a very fine woman and very dedicated.You go down the R.A.Puram second main road and cross over the bridge and go further down .You take a left turn opposite to Spencer's Daily .As go down the road take a right turn .It is the fifth house on the left side.She is good.As shanvy said even Sankari Krishnan teaches well.

9. milesurmeratumhara

milesurmeratumhara New IL'ite

I am brand new to the Indusladies forum and came upon this forum from my google search for a music teacher. I am looking for a teacher for my 11 year old who enjoys singing. Somebody long term. And also a teacher for voice training an voice culture.

Did anyone contact sankari Krishnan? Is she willing to teach? That means, does she have time?

Go ladies. I think you are all doing a great job. Now I am here to stay.

10. manjukanth

manjukanth Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I am looking for somebody who can teach my 10 yr old daughter flute(carnatic) in Chennai. Any area is fine.

Thanks