Need Advise on first visit to UK with Kids

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by raymath, Mar 16, 2010.

1. raymath

raymath New IL'ite

Hi,
    Firstly let me introduce myself..

I am currently put up at Bangalore india...n i have 2 kids age is 2 n 3 yrs old. We 4 have a valid UK 3 year work permit Visa which we got in Dec-09

We are thinking of settleing in UK and hence i have 1000's of doubts n questions in my mind n i need help n advise from every1 out ther.

We are planning to stay in London n since it is the most expensive city have few questions about the same.

1) Should we all come together or make sense that my husband should come first.
    2) How much Money should we carry with us on the safe side since we have kids.
    3) Is it advisable for us to come in August or September (Weather wise)since we r with Kids
    4) Will we get a paying guest type of accomodation which is family type till we find a job n take a place for rent.
    5) Me n My husband both r experienced, I have 4 yrs of exp in HR -Recruitments and my husband has 10 yrs of exp in Data entry, US Mortgage, ITES typpe of role...Do u all think we can get a job resonable enough to satisfy since we r with kids.
    6) With this kind of profile do u think we can get a job immediately or do we have to struggle a lot.

Still i have a lots of other questions will ask in my next post.

Thanks in advance from all of you.
    Hoping to c a reply soon

2. sophisticated

sophisticated New IL'ite

Hi,
    It would make sense for your husband to come first , find a job which will enable him to pay all the bills ( rent,gas, electricity, water, telephone, council tax, etc) since the economic climate is bad here it could take him a while to find one.

On average you may need anything from £1200 -£2500 a month for basic needs to be covered. if you are living in london you are looking at the top end of the spending scale.

Coming anyime during the year is not a problem children adjust very quickly .

I cannot advice /tell you anything about accomadtion except that it is not cheap. You may be required to show proof of work permit etc to get rented accomodation.

It will be sensible for you to stay at home for a while till kids adjust to the new enviroment, you get used to the surroundings, look for good childare if you want to work fulltime.

3. raymath

raymath New IL'ite

Hello Sophisticated,

Thanks for your reply....I hardly find pople on this forum who reply...all r silient spectators very few people like you come forward n reply...I really appreciate that u have replied...thanks once again...will keep in mind ur suggestions....

Warm Regards,
    Rahmath

4. rashmi1920

rashmi1920 New IL'ite

It is very very expensive..............so unless u get a stable well paying job don't shift ur family. Estate agents often verify your income before letting out, since they need to be assured the rent will come in

5. Asha2010

Asha2010 New IL'ite

1) I think your husband should come first and try for a job the reason being rental flats and transportation are the two very expensive things in London. If he come alone he can stay in a shared apartment and once he find a job you and kids can join him.
    2) 2000GBP (rent for 1 bedroom flat in a decent and "safe" location....no doubt cheaper options are there but then you can imagine why! + eatables fruits etc. + council tax+ bills + transportation + miscellaneous expenses)
    3) September is a nice time weather wise
    4) You can take PG accommodation for some time till u find a job.
    5) I dont think you will have any problem in finding a job coz you and your husband have got good work experience.

Hope this helps
    Thanks
    Asha

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2010