1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

need advice to take crucial step in my marriage life

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by durga4369, May 15, 2014.

1. durga4369

durga4369 New IL'ite

Hello IL, I am living in usa and got married 5 years back. I Delivered baby recently in usa. My mom and my in laws came to usa . My in laws and husband are cunning people. They even don't want my mom to stay with me here at this time. They are indirectly insulting my mom everyday . I am not doing any job. I want to go to India as soon as possible. But I have to wait for my baby passport and visa or pio card and birth certificate. Please give me advice on should I get the pio card and how long does it take for him to get everything ready to travel to india. Is there any way to get everything ready as early as possible. I am getting scared to stay with them now because they are behaving very rudely with me and my mom even though there is nothing wrong with us.please help me to get out of usa with my baby as early as possible.

2. lucky2

lucky2 Platinum IL'ite

it hardly takes a month or two for pio..without pio you cannot stay for more than 6 months

3. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Hugs to you dear.

As a new mum, with your sleep cycle out of whack and hormones raging, you would be feeling a little raw and on the edge. Relax dear. Stay in your room with your mum as much as possible bonding with your child. Go out for walks with your mum. I understand that they are being really insulting. Talk to your doctor. He or she might be able to give you details of whom to contact for relieving your stress.

Do you think they are dangerous - as in could they physically harm you, your mum or your child? If yes, contact the social services or the police the second you feel threatened...

Im sorry i don't know how long it would take for documents to come through. However, go for a bit of counselling before you take any decisions.

4. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

This happens in India too..and in USA it must be even more difficult with too many ppl in one house and no one has another job other than looking after the baby. hence the conflicts arises...whatever you do, the other party will find faults..

It is imp to stay with people whom you are comfortable with at this time...Good Luck

5. tulip76

tulip76 New IL'ite

Hey we got our baby's birth certificate in a week's time . Then we applied for passport which was done in 2-3 weeks and again 2-3 weeks for pio. You can even take a visa which would be a days job and leave for India. You can check about visa extension in India also. Im not sure about that. Apart from that also i would recommended ... Let the baby be atleast 45 days before you fly they find it difficult to deal with ear pain during take off n landing.

6. chinnirekha

chinnirekha Bronze IL'ite

Hi durga 4369,
    Are you still looking for info about getting PIo to your baby ? If so PM me your email or phone number so that I can explain you in detail as I am very pressed for time and cant type all the procedure now

7. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

Hi, first you have to get the birth certificate. Then you have to apply for a passport for your baby. With a valid passport you can get a Pio card. Until then don't listen to your ILs and hubby. Right now you need rest. Take care of your body and your baby. I think within 2 months you will get all you need, to get out from here ! Relax enjoy your motherhood.

8. mirrorimage

mirrorimage Silver IL'ite

I am sorry ..I dont know much about this procedure...what your husband is doing is really bad....MIL you cant expect much..I can totally understand your situation...Instead of calling both your MIL and mother at once you people should have called them to your house in alternate fashion...whatever what they are doing to you at this point of time when you must be treated fragile is insane...

1 person likes this.