1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Advice Please!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SandhyaKK, Dec 16, 2010.

1. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Sandhya , I do not understand why should you inform your MIL about this.All these matters should be discussed between you and your hubby . Did your hubby inform your parents or take permission from you before his decision of sending money to his parents?I accept that in Indian society we cannot expect such equality .But still I feel asking permission from your MIL is not acceptable.Even if she agrees , she will look down your family though she takes money from her son.

Tell your hubby that you have informed him which is the end of the episode.:thumbsup

2. jaycalifornia

jaycalifornia New IL'ite

Hi Sandhya,
    It is true that you dont HAVE to disclose all the financial matters to ur MIL . However in this case..you are newly married and your husband seems to be a decent guy and has not stopped you . All he wishes for is to inform his mom. If you are worried that ur MIL would work against u and stop u from giving the money it surely complicates things. But if all u fear is a roll of eyes or some comment..I suggest that you give in this time and inform her. Also you have just started building a lifelong relationship with ur hubby..this will surely help . But make sure u and your husband tell it to her together. That way there is no secrecy and if she tries to say anything both u and ur hubby will be present.

3. SandhyaKK

SandhyaKK New IL'ite

Thanks Reverie, Bhuvindhi and jay for your advice. Reverie, I do have some pre-conceived notions about My MIL from the way she acted in my marriage. I agree open communication and mutual respect will surely break down the walls. Thanks for the advice