Need advice on locality and school admissions in London

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by sweety19, Nov 15, 2013.

1. sweety19

sweety19 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am new to this forum. Appreciate your inputs for my queries below -

My husband has got a long term assignment and we will be moving shortly to London. His office will be in Canary Wharf. We have a 6 year old kid who is currently studying in UKG in Bangalore, India. We have a couple of queries and need your advice regarding the same -

1) Since his office is in Canary Wharf, which places should we target to live.After some R&D we figured out that we should live in Zone 3 or Zone 4 as that will help us with savings and we can find good ofstead ratings schools.

2) My kid will be 6 years old this December so I want to understand which class equivalent he will be in schools there - Year 1 , Year 2 ?

3) From variuos council sites I understand that the cut-off dates for applying admissions to primary schools is Jan 15,2014. Is it only for Reception year or for year1 onwards as well ?

4) My husband will be travelling in early Jan-2014 however my kid and I will join him in April'14 after the school session gets over in India. Do you think he can get in-year admission to school in April'14 Or do we need to apply in Jan'14 for new session(Sept'14 starting) itself ?

Thanks & Regards

2. sandynar

sandynar Gold IL'ite

Hi Sweety
    Find my answers in red for your questions.
    feel free to ping me for any further queries.