1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice on locality and school admissions in London

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by sweety19, Nov 15, 2013.

1. sweety19

sweety19 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am new to this forum. Appreciate your inputs for my queries below -

My husband has got a long term assignment and we will be moving shortly to London. His office will be in Canary Wharf. We have a 6 year old kid who is currently studying in UKG in Bangalore, India. We have a couple of queries and need your advice regarding the same -

1) Since his office is in Canary Wharf, which places should we target to live.After some R&D we figured out that we should live in Zone 3 or Zone 4 as that will help us with savings and we can find good ofstead ratings schools.

2) My kid will be 6 years old this December so I want to understand which class equivalent he will be in schools there - Year 1 , Year 2 ?

3) From variuos council sites I understand that the cut-off dates for applying admissions to primary schools is Jan 15,2014. Is it only for Reception year or for year1 onwards as well ?

4) My husband will be travelling in early Jan-2014 however my kid and I will join him in April'14 after the school session gets over in India. Do you think he can get in-year admission to school in April'14 Or do we need to apply in Jan'14 for new session(Sept'14 starting) itself ?

Thanks & Regards

2. sandynar

sandynar Gold IL'ite

Hi Sweety
    Find my answers in red for your questions.
    feel free to ping me for any further queries.