1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice on diaper changing sheet

Discussion in 'Infants' started by ampu, Sep 14, 2008.

1. ampu

ampu New IL'ite

Hi all moms

I want some suggestions from you all regarding the sheets we use when we change diaper for the baby boy. My son as soon as I remove the diaper does toilet or potty. So I need to put sheet down him before changing the diaper. Where can I find the sheets availble in US stores. What have you been using? DO let me know your suggestions.

-Ampu

2. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Hi Ampu, I never had that problem, but I used a changing table with the countour changing pad. In order to change more frequently and be more frugal, I used to buy white kitchen towels from Costco (you get packs of 12), and keep one on top of the contour pad (with the cloth contour pad cover ). After each dirty diaper change, I would change the kitchen towel with a fresh one. You can see if that works for you, or if you have anyone coming from India you can ask them to get a rubber sheet and put it on the coutour pad, and cover with a towel. You can launder the towel, and just wipe off the rubber sheet with a disinfectant wipe.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

If you are not able to get a rubber sheet,just do what I did..get a kitchen shelf liner from Walmart or Target,about the size of a rubber sheet,spread it over the bed or changing pad,spread a kitchen towel over it,place baby and change the diaper. If anything gets dirty,only the kitchen towel will,which you can anyway throw away after use.

4. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Hi Ampu, we use a contour changing pad too with a changing pad fabric cover on it, that's also is a little waterproof (not that much though). On top of that I use cloth diaper prefolds that I bought at Walmart. But like what pavarun said, you can also use kitchen towels. You can also get disposable changing sheets (huggies brand) that you can easily use for atleast 2 or 3 changes (if he pees) and then throw it away. I used put these pads under Riya during massage time.

Raj

5. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

I use contour changing pad with a cover which comes with a water proof sheet on top. See the link below
    Boppy® Changing Pad Cover - Sand - The Boppy Company - Babies "R" Us
    Boppy Changing Pad Slipcover - Sage : Target
    I also use disposable pads on top sometimes and on the go, these can be reused for a while until soiled. They are available in Target (Munchkin brand) and Babies r us (Peewees - sold online only). I've used the Target ones. Here are the links -
    Munchkin Disposable Multiuse Pads, 24 ea: Compare Prices, View Price History and Read Reviews at NexTag
    72-Count PeeWees Multi-Pack Disposable Multi-Use Pads - Continental Quilting Co. - Babies "R" Us

Hope this helps.
    -L.

6. ampu

ampu New IL'ite

Thank you all for valuable suggestion. Will look over for this options. I really admire indusladies site a lot. For any problem I can post and look for suggestions here. Its really a wonderful site :):)

7. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi ampu,
    I bought changing pads from K mart which are very useful.
    You can wash and reuse them.

8. sankasailaja

sankasailaja Bronze IL'ite

hi
    i got a changing pad from babiesrus in diaper changing pad section,u must see the pads that are apt for travelling purpose,just like the pads in diaper bag,but the size is bit bag and u get extra pouch to store accessories.
    now my baby is 7months old and i brought at 2nd month of her age ,mine costs around 5$.

hope i helped u.

next time when i visit il find full details for u.

bye
    take care of ur lol.