Need advice on air conditioner for mother

Discussion in 'Karnataka' started by Animom, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Animom

Animom New IL'ite

Dear friends,

I recently visited my mother in banaglore and I was very sad that she has to bear all the heat while I enjoy the AC here in US.

I am determined to have an AC installed for my mother.
    Do any of you know of a good air conditioner dealer in Bangalore?
    Is anyone using Portable air conditioner?
    Also, are window ACs a security threat, because of hole in the wall?

Thanks for your responses in advance.

2. Animom

Animom New IL'ite

Dear friends,

I am eagerly looking forward for somebody's advice on this. I am sure there are many on this forum who have an AC and can share some advice.

Thanks again.

3. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

Animom,

I found few dealers in Banglore - google search.

Also split A/C is best if you have security issues.

<TABLE class=ts><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px" vAlign=top> <TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 4px" vAlign=top>Suhas Refrigerations

<CITE>maps.google.com</CITE> - <NOBR>080 25220736</NOBR> - 9 reviews
    <TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px" vAlign=top>[​IMG] <TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 4px" vAlign=top>Venus Air Conditioning Service

<CITE>maps.google.com</CITE> - <NOBR>080 26694142</NOBR> - More
    <TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px" vAlign=top>[​IMG] <TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 4px" vAlign=top>Caricon Air Conditioner

<CITE>maps.google.com</CITE> - <NOBR>080 22864557</NOBR> - More
    <TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px" vAlign=top>[​IMG] <TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 4px" vAlign=top>Voltas Limited

<CITE>www.voltas.com</CITE> - <NOBR>080 22212769</NOBR> - More
    <TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px" vAlign=top>[​IMG] <TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 4px" vAlign=top>Carrier Airconditioning & Refrigeration Limited

<CITE>www.carrierindia.com</CITE> - <NOBR>080 4111 4747</NOBR> - More
    <TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px" vAlign=top>[​IMG] <TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 4px" vAlign=top>A-Class Air Conditioners

<CITE>maps.google.com</CITE> - <NOBR>09844350734</NOBR> - More
    <TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px" vAlign=top>[​IMG] <TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 4px" vAlign=top>Classic

<CITE>maps.google.com</CITE> - <NOBR>080 22278545</NOBR> - More

4. Animom

Animom New IL'ite

Thank you archana2008 for your reply.

I will call them up and enquire. I am actually hoping to know if anyone knew of some particular dealer with whom the experience was pleasant. The reviews on the web for the dealers are not releavent and were for a different product and not for AC. But till then, I will call each of them and try to assess.

5. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

we installed split A/C in my parents house(hyderabad) last week.
    it costed Rs.25000.

6. Poller

Poller New IL'ite

y brother in law bought my mother this Heil 5000 approx. 7? yrs ago. He had every intention on installing the unit or we would split the cost of having it installed. My (at the time 77 yr old mother) balked at the idea for one reason after another. To make a long story short, my mother passed away last month and my brother in law is incapacitated with a brain injury. I had all but forgotten the A/C unit that was still in my mothers garage. Arvell Moore| Air Conditioning Replacement As the executor of her estate I have no earthly idea of the worth of this unit. It's new, never been taken out of the box, just a few years old. Could anyone give me a ballpark figure other than selling it for scrap? Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2010
  7. manasikotwal

manasikotwal New IL'ite

I feel you,

I recently had to go through the process of having to choose an air conditioner hence went through the options throughly.

for a good quality long lasting air conditioner, would strongly recommend that look @

Daikin

Hitachi

or the the best in my opinion and the one that i chose being general brand

8. celltech

celltech New IL'ite

Now you will get big offers of Dasara & Deepavali Just try...

9. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

U can buy LG split AC... Thts good... Now-a-days, people prefer split AC more... M not sure if many people buy window ACs...