Need advice-Going for IVF

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by maheswarikp, Nov 25, 2013.

1. maheswarikp

maheswarikp New IL'ite

Dear all.
    I am going to have IVF on coming january at Prashanth hospital, chennai. I'm very nervous about how the whole procedure is going to be and whether i will succeed in it or not. Please advise me how i can get prepared for that.

I hope i would not have problems with egg formation as i go for ivf because of the blocked tubes (as doctor says because of my past tuberculosis). The period which worries me most is the duration after embryo transfer.

How should i take care of myself ? What kind of food i have to take and what to avoid? Right now i'm a housewife. Should i need to be at bed rest or can do household work?Though i will ask these queries to my doctor, i wish to know from somebody who had underwent this procedure and was successful.
    Is carrying twins very difficult than carrying a single baby?

Please share your experiences and give me good hope and positive thoughts.

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

For IVF one should eat protein rich food. Healthy foods are very much advisable for the whole life.
    For the 2WW, you can rest. Then based on the pregnancy conditions you can do the household chores.

3. PurpleSS

PurpleSS New IL'ite

hi Maheshwari,

I do have same problem as you mentioned, past TB and tube block on right side.
    egg formation is not a problem. yesterday we took scan and found one DF in left side.
    felt very happy but it dnt last long. found endromaterium is very thick 12mm and dr said even if u go fot IUI it will fail. got disappointed.
    but she recommed to reduce weight , I am in process of it.

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sorry about the troubles...
    Hope you will be able to loose the extra weight and success in ttc.
    All the best.

Baby dust to all TTC ladies..

5. sp1209

sp1209 New IL'ite

Going to ivf-icsi in april . Did all the test .
    Need help regarding the following test
    1. Throglobulin antibodies- positive .
    What does thiis means ? Will it affect the ivf-icsi success . I am really worried .
    2. Basal scan shows hemmorage cyst on left side again the same will it affect the no. Of follicles after stimulation

This is my 8th year of marriage conceived once naturally but miscarried . I am really worried

6. ALISHAJACOB

ALISHAJACOB New IL'ite

7. nishajeni

nishajeni New IL'ite

Weight loss will be good during this. Do have good diet and eat vitamins and cereals rich food for healthy body. It will be surely a success all the best.

8. Myladdu

Myladdu Senior IL'ite

Op you don't have to worry about ivf, keep relax and go through the process. Eat healthy food and do some exercise to keep healthy. Just a walk can do wonders.
    You don't have to worry about period as the medicines will take care of it. Eat protein rich food, less carbs and sugar and many fruits and vegetables. There is no food restrictions. Useless you doctor have some.start eating the same before stating ivf itself.
    No bed rest is needed. You can do all the work you do. Just you have to take some rest after embryo transfer. Your doctor will explain that.
    I was walking till my embryo transfer. And did all the household work.
    In my clinic they asked to rest for the day I had trabsfer and next day. 3 day I went out.
    In the two weeks wait I didnt do much work. Just some cooking.but no bed rest. Just watched tv.
    Just take the medicine at correct time that's it.
    You will have baby in your hands. All the best . God will help you through out the process.

nishajeni likes this.