Need Advice - Cousin's wife is missing !!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by prathibhahp, Jan 23, 2014.

1. prathibhahp

prathibhahp Silver IL'ite

Hi ILites..

My cousin's family is dealing with this unimaginable situation.. This happened in Bangalore. My cousin got married just 3 months ago.. Things were fine and dandy between husband and wife. No drama, no MIL torture or anything like that.

My cousin leaves to work this morning at 7am as usual. His wife stepped out with his mom to do some errands couple of hours later (Jan 22nd). While they were on their way back home, she told her MIL to go home without her as she wanted to visit the beauty parlor to get her eyebrows done. The parlor is less than half a km away from home. So MIL comes back alone.. She waits for the DIL for say 1 hr.. No news.. DIL doesnt have a cellphone. So the MIL panicks after couple of hrs.. So she calls for my grandparents, my aunt and uncle who stay close to them. They together assess the situation and enquire about her at the beauty parlors close to home.. They come to know that she didnt visit any of them.. Few hours later they inform her parents about this.. Her parents house is about 20 km away. Her parents haven't heard from her either. So her parents come over to my cousin's place and together they wait for her at home for few hours... My cousin who was out of the loop till now, comes to know that his wife is not to be heard or seen. He comes home and they go to nearby police stations and enquire.. No accident cases reported. So they file missing persons report and they return back home.. They absolutely have no idea how to reach her. She doesnt have a cellphone, nor she has called any relative,friend or whomsoever. We are thinking of all possible angles about what might have happened to her.. She is 21 yrs old, good looking, educated and recently she quit her software job. She had 500 Rs in her hand.

Any advice on assessing this situation? Any idea about what might have happened? Please suggest how to go about to find her.

2. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Is she a localite, i mean is she proficient in Kannada?

An option is to check the CCD(cameras) of the shops in the vicinity from where the MIL left her. Most shops have one these days.

It is regrettable to mention here, but grease the police handling the case and we can expect good co-operation from them.

guesshoo, lucky2 and Radhai like this.
  3. prathibhahp

Well.. Yeah she is a kannadiga..

We explored that CCTV camera angle.. But MIL and her parted ways from a corner of a residential street where no cctv cameras are around..

Well. I shall inform my cousin about greasing the police..

It's really unfortunate that this has happened and all of us are shell-shocked.

4. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Approaching private detective agencies can also help. Google can give some contacts of such.

Check nearby hospitals for anyone admitted.

sindmani likes this.
  5. prathibhahp

Thanks. I shall tell my cousin..

6. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

wow this is bizzar but happens. I am sorry for what your family is going thru and I am sure many people ar jumping to conclusion. Don't allow family to jump to conclusion, find detail/information first. Have they contacted her friends?

7. prathibhahp

Yeah.. Whatever you said is right.. We shouldn't jump into conclusions.. Apparently she has just 1 or 2 friends.. One is not reachable and other's phone is switched off..

8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I find this bizzare. She has only two friends and both happen to be un reachable. Does she have cousins, other relatives whom she is close to? Has someone other than her parents been called?
    Btw, desi cops cannot do anything until a clue falls in their lap. I would suggest someone in your family taking a picture of this girl and showing local vendors/auto drivers/ bus conductors in the area where she was last seen to see if anyone remembers anything.
    I feel terrible for your cousin. He must be under immense shock and trauma. Hope she is found safe and sound.

sindmani, breeze01 and Pallavi4me like this.
  9. twink

twink Silver IL'ite

Sorry for the case
    There can be few reasons
    1. Kidnapping( for which you dint receive a call yet )
    2. she runs away ( It can happen that todays generation take more in ther mind and express nothing)
    3. she meets an accident ( search nearby hospitals)
    4. Kidnapped for other reasons..
    Please do use newspapers. tvs and all media and the highest authority to find her as soon as possible
    I will pray for her!

10. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I am sorry for what your family is going thru prathiba. As mentioned by twink, it will be a good idea to enlist the help of media to speed up the search.

She and your family are in my prayers.