1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Need a job in NJ

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by kalp, Jan 22, 2010.

1. kalp

kalp New IL'ite

I have tried all the mentioned sites...

But so far no luck...

2. kalp

kalp New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

Please do advice me..I am getting frustrated sitting at home..I m applying for QA job since i have experience in that but no luck so far..I agree to do admin kind or library job or can teach to kids..etc to near by area (nearby journal square)...I am not very much concern of money but i want to utilise my time and keep myself busy.

I got married just 7 months before and came to US after that..I left job in india..My hubby use to go office for 9 to 10 hours..sometime feel like crying..and also disturbing him like i want to go back to india..Please send me..he used to tell you will get a job here also just try..but i be alone at house and things will roam around my mind...

Thanks,
    Kalp

3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Kalp,

I can very well understand your situation. Because i was in the same state 3yrs back, now got busy with kid...

I was in Jersey city only, for more than 2yrs, keep trying you should find some thing for sure. Its takes time to get first job here, being Masters degree i started applying for stores, even small deli shops...but no luck...

Just a small advice from myside, i know it will be frustrating to be ideal at home, but try to focus on someother activites for meanwhile....because even for men it is stressful job here, if ladies at home keep regreting for coming here, then at some point they will also feel helpless.

Try to form a good network there, enquiry through the friends if they knew any vacanies. Because i don;t have good circle, but when i met few of my hubby's collegue at one B'day party, they said my god just now in one doctor's office it was vacant, i informed to other friend...that time i felt i should have formed some good network.

All the best.

4. kalp

kalp New IL'ite

Thanks Usha,

Your advice meant a lot to me..:)

5. nivedtha

nivedtha New IL'ite

Hey Kalp,

I heard a while back that ACS was looking for ppl with testing experience..am not sure if it is still open..you can check with them..

Good Luck!

6. kalp

kalp New IL'ite

Thanks Nivedtha,

Job position is no more but got some idea !!!!!!:) Please keep me updating.

7. Shilpa77

Shilpa77 Senior IL'ite

Chill out..You are newly married.. why don't you enjoy life and relax.. finding a job is very important, esp in a country like this.. but all your posts indicate you are so depressed because you don't have one..while all you need to is enjoy every moment of this phase.. trust me, you will NEVER gat back these days.. and you will long for it...

DO you drive?.. try making good friends..

Well, I don't have many , but a few good friends!..

You sure will find some..

IL in edison arrange potluck sometimes, why don't you plan on connecting with them?..

Good luck!

8. nehausa

nehausa Senior IL'ite

I can help you ladies i am It recruiter if you have ead or green card/citizenship,job experience in It field, only how we talk
    i don't have private message but if you have i might take as well..

let me know if i am of any help..
    thanks

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  9. kalp

kalp New IL'ite

Thanks Usha for consideration..

Yes i do interested in Testing job since i have around 3 years of experience in QA/Testing.

But dont have private message facility please advice me.

10. nehausa

nehausa Senior IL'ite

kalp give me some time i will let you know soon after talking to my manager,,what can we do for you..thanks

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010