Neck Darkness during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by prashi, May 2, 2012.

1. prashi

prashi Silver IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

I am 15 weeks pregnant fairer complextion but now my neck is becoming darker , how to get rid of this ...
    please help me out .:help

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear Prashi,

Hearty Congradulations on your pregnancy :)

Regarding the darkening prob around your neck during pregannay..actually its nothing to worry..it happens for many ladies and the darkness would fade off only you deliver...if u are still worried,you can do some home remedies like applying kasturi manjal,

Please refer this link for help
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/l...care/27084-darkened-skin-around-the-neck.html

3. kalpanareddy

kalpanareddy Bronze IL'ite

yes it happens in pregnancy..nothing to worry..it will go away after the delivery...

4. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Dear Prashanthi,

The darkness in your skin is pregnancy induced, which is hormonal and better not tampered with. You need to just wait it out, deliver your baby and it will be history. Till then make sure you don't expose the darkened area to sun, so apply sunscreen when you step out and cover the area with a scarf. In the nights use a gentle cream or lotion and gently massage with upward strokes. You would see such darkened areas in other parts of your body, darkened areola around your nipples, a dark line between the navel and your pubic are.

Keep drinking lots of water, eat healthy, and avoid processed deep fried food. Keep smiling; stay happy and you will feel your skin glowing with the new life growing inside you.

Take care…

Rakhi