1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

neck and back pain please advise

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by moralchennai, Feb 18, 2015.

1. moralchennai

moralchennai New IL'ite

Hi I have severe neck pain and pain radiating from to shoulders to arms and then to hands to fingers.I have frequent numbness in my hands and legs. I am already have disc bulge from c1 to c7 of my MRI scan report. I hope it's cervical spondilities. I am 33 yrs old and suffering with this almost last two yrs . pls suggest complete recovery ayurvedic homeo treatment or surgery will be helpful.

1 person likes this.

2. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

What does your doctor suggest?

i has severe neck and shoulder pain due to cervical spondylitis and I was asked to do physiotherapy . I did that but I has the recurring issue due to my computer related work .

then I discovered naturopathy massage therapy , which was more effective than physiotherapy. They do different types of massage based therapy and I would be pain free for months . correct posture also helps.

you can try that if you have any naturopathy hospitals in your city.

1 person likes this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

you need a good phsyiotherapist who can help you better. do not go for surgery unless it is the worst pain you can manage. you need to listen to your body. you will know when the stiffness starts. take check.stop what you are doing..relax your body, allow it to adapt to the relax posture. if your physio has taught you exercises please do them relgiously and not just for the reduction in pain alone. the common mistake is we tend to neglect once the pain has reduced.

once there is a disc bulge , there is no complete recovery. be careful, sometimes when the aggravation is bad you may tend to get blackouts, that could be for a few seconds to minute. but a good treatment, physio and pain management and exercises can help even in the worst case. my husband had black outs due to cervical spondilytis. it has reduced to a very rare occurence.

And personally i would suggest check for ayurvedic massage (my doctor shifted to anoher country, i would have recommended her..) you can keep track of your calcium levels too

numbness to the legs and hands indicates nerve compression. you need to relieve the compression.
    I have a neck and lower back injury. so both cervical and lumbar are affected. and lumbar i have a disc tear and i am managing slowly with phsyio and exercises along and have the lower back injury for the past 16 years. have been advised not to go for surgery for reasons best not discussed here.

you can check this person..a few in my acquaintance circle go to him for the therapy. Dr. Krishnaraman : Medicine, Yoga, Integration of Western medicine & Yoga

And if you have weight issues reducing a little bit can help., and being religious and consistent about your exercises is a must.

4. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

Since you are from chennai try this

you can get Nochi leaves or Kupaimani leaves take any one leaves which is easily available for you and extract 100 or 200 ml from that ( Nochee leaves saru or Kuppaimani elai saru ) add equal amount of Sesame oil ( Nalayennai ) and boil along with that extract apply on the affected area of the neck.

1 person likes this.