1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Necessity of Bath-tubs in India

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by skchivukula, Feb 16, 2010.

1. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

Dear Friends
    India is a country that faces water problem every summer and thereby power shut-downs. People are aware of Water conservation.
    In such a situation is it necessary to have bath-tubs ?
    Please participate in the discussion and pour in your reponses.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010

2. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

yeah :D not in water problem sense...but I would love bath tub :D.....aaram se nahao.....

3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    i totally agree with you .i find even showering a big wastage of water.here we have only bath tubs in all three bathroom but we use bucket only.
    only on sat-sun i allow the kids to use bath tub & that too because they both bath together.
    pragati

4. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

Hi Saipavani & Pragati
    Nice to see your reponse.
    Saipavani I agree with you, tub-bath is in fact is very relaxing n refreshing also. What I feel is it consumes lot of water so having bath-tubs in a country like India which faces water problem is not apt.
    But I think shower bath doesn't consume much water comparatively.

5. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

yeah you are right.....in a country like India where is there is water problem..its better not to have bath tubs....

6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Like All say, Bath Tubs and showers should be avoided...

Under Ground water is getting depreciated and there is hardly enough water to drink.People especially in metros pay high for drinking water.Every drop is precious.
    So as responsible citizens of India, we should definetely see to that we dont waste water and save for the future.

7. aspanishdiary

aspanishdiary New IL'ite

Hi all,

Hmm bathrooms are an interesting topic for me...haha..the first time I came to India I was so surprised to see that the shower area didn't have any separation from the rest of the bathroom, this will means to wet all the floor! my god... my mother would have been so angry with me for making the bathroom wet LOL...

Anyway, back to the topic... water and electricity shortage is a fact in India, so definitely bath tubs will mean unnecessary water usage. Now what I have seen is that almost nobody owns a bath tub in India. Poor people do not even have bathrooms at home and middle class people mostly have a kind of western bathroom with shower. Also in middle class buildings there is not even space for even thinking of a bath tub. You can say that many people, even having a shower prefer to use the traditional water bucket and mug, which is good I think.

I guess the question should be... Would you buy a bath tub for your home or apartment in India?

8. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Though taking a bath in the bath-tub - all relaxing and streching you body in the water sounds great (equally in winters in hot water and summers in cool water), it is really too much of an extravegenza in India.
    There is water shortage and in general not all people do not get clean water to cook and bath!! So, a bath-tub is a really waste! Now, even if ones building has 24-hoour supply of water, and we have water tanks to store water, etc etc is all true, but it is for sure that the water that you wasted could just have been used to drink/cook in so many poor households!!

So, when we have our own the desi-style of mug and bucket (which I think is the most economical way of using of water than ) the shower too, people should rather avoid having bath-tubs.

9. nandinibabu

nandinibabu Bronze IL'ite

my native is a small town..there we don't have bath tubs and showers in all the houses..instead of that we had a beautiful river cauvery, there..during my childhood my father used to take me to the river almost all the weekends..that is our swimming pool, bath tub, every thing..but now we can't see enough water in the river to take bath and washing the clothes..instead of that iam seeing only the dry areas all over the pool during summers..if this situation continues then i have to see this only for the entire year..how can i plan for a bath tub if i built a new house in my native?!!..so we must save water for the future generation..

10. mack123

mack123 New IL'ite

Bath tub is not a solution of water problem. There is many other way to water harvesting.