Near the bank of gangariver. At varanasi

Discussion in 'Chennai' started by indsunusdar, Nov 5, 2008.

1. indsunusdar

indsunusdar New IL'ite

Title: in search of old genaration

mY HUSBAND used to get some invitation and as well as some news about HIS realative from varanasi about that SOME THEM are the relatives of HIS grandfathers brother.

in 1984 HE GOT LETTER that HIS uncle was no more. so mY MOTHER IN LAW asked MY HUSBAND to do some rictuals at mumbai. HE used to tell my mother in law that HE NEVER seen them and asked his mum whether she knows them .

she used to say that one ramakrishna sastry family are there in varanasi since 250 years.
    MY FATHER IN LAW great grand fathers brother left for varanasi with her wife and children( or MY FATHERIN LAW great grand father left for singapore that time.)

since WE DO not have any proof of indentity we used to aceept the letters or some invitation that some function are being held at Bhajan matt at varanasi.

SO WE RECENTLY VISITED VARANASI . TO OUR SURPRISE WE SAW MY HUSBAND AUNT(CHITHI) . SHE NARRATED THAT HOW HER GREAT GRAND FATHERS WERE THERE AT BHAJANA MADAM NEAR HANUMAN GHAT NEARLY 250 NEARS . TODAY THEY ARE STAYING AT THE SAME BHAJANA MADAM . WHERE THEY HAVE BASEMENT, GRANDFLOOR AND FIRST FLOOR NEAR HANUMAN GHAT NEAR TO THE HOLY GANGA.

SO WE SAW MY HUSBAND COUSIN BROTHER KASHINATH SASTRI( SON OF RAJAGOPALA SATRICAL)AT THE BHAJANA MUTT. TODAY ALSO THE BHAJANS ARE BEING PROFORMED THERE AND THE PLACE / ROOMS ARE GIVEN FOR PROFORMING RITUALS TO THE OTHER SASTRICALS.

SO MY HUSBAND WAS TO HAPPY TO SEE THE 5TH GENARATIONS AND WE ARE TOO HAPPY.

2. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

3. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Great news.... very happy for you and your family !

4. kaverivenkat

kaverivenkat Bronze IL'ite

Dear Indsunusdar,

At last your hubby traced out his relatives.
    Be happy and the information is very nice.

kaverivenkat