Navratri Golu Contest - October 2011

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

September can’t bid adieu without Navratri celebration at INDUSLADIES. With Navratri around the corner, preparations are in full swing to celebrate the auspicious nine days of Divine Mother.

Nine Sacred Nights – Navratri, is one of the joyous festivals which is celebrated with devotion, love and enthusiasm all over India. A commemoration of the victory of good over evil ! With pujas and rituals, music, scrumptious recipes, it’s going to be a boundless fun.

The contest for the month of October 2011 is

Navratri Golu Contest

Navratri is marked with colorful, artistic display of dolls in all houses. Even though Hindu mythological stories persist to be favorite theme, Golu with a creative theme enchants the visitors and fetch your creativeness into limelight. Here is a chance to show your creativity to the world !!

How to participate in this Contest?

Post the picture of your golu and pen down your effort in the making of Navratri Golu in 100 words.

Points to note:

• An IL-ite can post only ONE entry with FIVE images as an attachment in this thread.
    • Entries should be posted only in this thread for it to qualify for the contest.
    • Do not post contact information and external album links.
    • Best Golu Picture will be selected by the panel of Judges.
    • Contest starts today - September 23rd, 2011 and ends on October 25th, 2011.

Advance Navratri wishes to all!!!

PS: We also have Navratri contest in our facebook page. You can share your golu picture here.

10 people like this.

2. soumyasriram

soumyasriram Bronze IL'ite

Hello Namaskaram,

I am new to Indus Ladies and look forward to a lot of learning. Soumya_golu-mantapam_view_9840880316.jpg Soumya_golu-side_view_9840880316.jpg Soumya_golu-title_view_9840880316.jpg Soumya_golu-welcome_view_9840880316.jpg

Please find my entry for "Navarathri Kolu Contest" attached with this mail are pictures taken at my kolu. Five photographs attached

This year Kolu at our place has the Theme of Temples. Each display has a small write-up with the respective temple displayed in front. For the viewer it will offer a glimpse of our great temples and culture.

At the entrance of the house there are ornamental drops welcoming the visitor to the Kolu and a summary of what temples are about. The main kolu has several temples with extracts about the history of each temple printed and displayed behind the arrangement.

Additionally there is a video slide show of the various temples along with vedic chanting on the background.

All this offers a pleasant and educative experience to the viewer

You are welcome to visit our Kolu during this Navaratri.

thanks and regards
    mrs.soumya sriram

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2011
    43 people like this.
  3. CHABOLU

CHABOLU Platinum IL'ite

Soumya very nice golu. the theme of the golu is also appropriate for the festival. very creative. As I am in Delhi it is not possible for me to visit you golu. Thanks for the invitation and thanks also for sharing your golu pictures

4. Ramar

Ramar Silver IL'ite

Somya madam,

Your golu looks very nice and the kovil pragaram back drop is a good idea and the overall theme is too gud... Happy Navarathri!

5. nimitakain

nimitakain Bronze IL'ite

hii soumyasriram....very nice to c the GOLUs as i dont knw abt these still now...Plz define more abt GOLU:)

6. Anyuna

Anyuna Silver IL'ite

:)Yap it a nice one I never thought of the importance of it can anyone explain the importance,need and story behind this ritual.Please share the details.

7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Soumya, beautiful golu. Very tastefully done. Congratulations. :)

8. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Dear Souwmya, your golu is amazing and what a beautiful arrangement.
    I am missing Golu this year but yours just came and offered me so much happiness today being the eve of Navarathri 2011.

9. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Sowmya super golu nice decorations.

Even you have given kovil information too wow wonderful.

10. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

Welcome Soumya. wonderful theme. llook beautiful. All the Best to win in this contest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.