Navratri 2012 - Contest for Oct 2012

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KarthigaS

KarthigaS Gold IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

All the golus are unique and attractive... Your great efforts are highly applaudable...

2. sumaramesh

sumaramesh New IL'ite

Hats of to all participants, you have taken so much of time and have great patience..
    To not only arrange Golus, some have gone way far, by creating lots of stuffs on there own....

ALL THE BEST...

3. Saranyavij

Saranyavij Silver IL'ite

We have several themes depicted in our Golu,a visitor will thoroughly have to spend atleast 30 mins to have a complete look of all our Themes & Arrangements.

The Themes in our Golu are:

1) Huge Replica of a Temple with the theme of "50 types of Prarthanai Muraigal" ( to name a few- namaskaram,thoppukaranam,thula bharam,thottil kattuthal,kavadi/alagu kutthal,mottai poduthal,thee methi ,thee setti,pal kudam etc) with lot of hand crafted dolls ( madisaru women/men in dhothi & items like thulabharam/kavadi,mavilakku etc were made at home).

2) Radha Kalyanam Utsavam with depictions of Vittal Bhajan with audience,handmade Kalyana Seeru-Murukku,laddu,etc made out of clay,unjuvarthi,malai mattruthal,muthu kutthuthal,Women performing kolattam & Bhajans,& Kalyana Sappadu.

3) Navarasas picked from Ramayana & Mahabharatha with specific colorful background.

4) Social Message on Self Help Group for Women -depiction of women preparing pickles/food items & art/crafts-decorating lamps/Diyas.At the same time ,men in the village are shown working in field,carpentry & pottery.A Girls School is on the other side ,showing the importance of child education in a village & such role model villages will help India grow economically.A woman who is a mother ,daughter,wife ,sister at home is a doctor,engineer,lawyer& police at work &plays a vital role in the Nation's development,this is depicted in the Golu.

5) Chotta Bheem Story,Mahabalipuram & Kids Kitchen with a message "To eat Green Vegetables & Fruits" are the highlights in Kids Corner

6) Iyyappan Koil -hand made with 18 steps

7) Swamy Mandapam ,with hand crafted/decorated Vinayagar doll kept in the middle of the Mandapam

8) Lord Shiva,Parvathy & Vishnu,Lakshmi made in Kuttu Vilakku & hand decorated.

9) A huge Balambika Kolam in a sitting posture is another highlight of our Golu.

4. Saranyavij

Saranyavij Silver IL'ite

trying to attach photos,but not able to upload it..will try again

5. Saranyavij

Saranyavij Silver IL'ite

photos uploaded earlier appears,not able to add new photos

6. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

each and every entry is beautiful and creative. Don`t know which one to like. Superb ladies.

7. opalstar1968

opalstar1968 New IL'ite

I have had an arabic theme this year. I have tried to match my gift items also to be arabic. The girls got belly dancers wraps and boys got arabic caps. The men got arabic scarfs and women got arabic stands with coal and perfumed incense. I also prepared arabic food and a welcome drink with saffron and rose tea along with dates. We served zatar khaboos and felafel and hummus stuffed in peta bread. Baklawa was relished by all. These items we prepared without using onion and garlic also. All the men at home wore arabic head gears to welcome the guests. The golu shows hand dressed dolls wearing burqa in a house hold with their traditional majlis at the entrance. It also has a desert safari which is the main entertainment spot for the Arabs in Dubai. I enjoyed living upto my theme and had great fun building the villa. Hope you enjoy seeing it as well. Usha pls help me upload these pics as I'm unable to do the same. i have already put them up on indus ladies facebook page.thanks.

1 person likes this.
  8. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Hello Padmini aka Opalstar1968,
    I am posting the pics on your behalf.
    It was a pleasure visiting the Golu at your place with "Arabic theme" befitting the upcoming Eid festival in Dubai. Good luck for your entry.
    Full View Golu 2012.jpg
    Arabic Villa Entrance.jpg
    Arabic Household.jpg
    Majlis.jpg
    Arabic Food spread.jpg

11 people like this.
  9. srikmeer

srikmeer Senior IL'ite

This year our golu carries the theme "SIXTH SENSE - THE POWER OF THOUGHT". We have 3 parts to this concept.

Part-1
    The traditional steps where God is in his absolute form

Part-2
    Six Nayanmars have been displayed whose thoughts led them straight to the feet of the Lord. The Nayanars shown are Kannappa Nayanar, Rudra Pasupathi Nayanar, Thiru Muruga Nayanar, Moorkka Nayanar, Thiru Neelanakka Nayanar and Thiru Chakkiya Nayanar.

Part-3
    The path which the common man has taken. Man has evolved through different ages, these being the STONE age, BRONZE AGE, IRON AGE, KNOWLEDGE AGE, SPACE AGE, INFORMATION AGE(where we are currently) and coming in future the NOUS AGE. The NOUS AGE talks all about the power of synchronization in thought. When more people think the same thing, science has proven that it is possible to make that thought happen and vice-versa.

As we get to this age, man tries to realize himself or the God within and will eventually get to the Lord and this is depicted as a dotted line from the NOUS AGE to the Lord.

Our tag line for the Navarathri is "DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THOUGHT"

10. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Hi Meera,
    As always, your golu was super duper and informative. Posting the pics on your behalf. Good luck!
    srikmeer aka Meera's Golu pictures attached by me!
    Golu full view.jpg
    Power of Thought.jpg
    Stone age-Nous Age.jpg
    nous Age.jpg

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.