1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Nava Rasa’s in Life & Kitchen

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by natpudan, Mar 19, 2010.

1. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Nava Rasa’s in Life & Kitchen

To read the Tamil Version do go to: http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/89275-2992-2970-2990-3006-2985-a.html

In life and only to the 6<SUP>th</SUP> sensed human being, all the Nava Rasa’s are applicable.

The animal kingdom does have the 8 rasa’s except the Haasya / Humor / Comic, which is the key to enjoy life to the fullest.

Before adventuring further into the kitchen, let’s see the Nava Rasa’s in Life:

Amor
    Comic
    Pathetic
    Furious
    Heroic
    Terrible
    Odious
    Wonder
    Tranquility

To make light of the rasa’s and highlight the rasa’s in life, by tasting the different types of rasa’s made in our kitchen.

There are only Nava Rasa’s in life but there over nine thousands of tastes in the rasa’s out of the kitchen. But after tasting this surely one of the Nava Rasa’s is what we express.

When a newly wed makes the rasa, there is an Amorous effect on the newly weds. It’s natural that she made it with love to her new found love of her life.

If it does taste like saambaar, it has a Comic effect during the initial days / years and slowly turns to the other rasa’s in life.

Sometimes the taste is Pathetic and the effect could be on either of them – arousing pity towards her or bringing sadness while eating.

Furious we turn due to other stress related effects & which results in furious situations.

Ignore, Insult & we walk out to the nearby restaurant like a hero and we shut our emotions while consuming the stupid food there. Does it look like a Heroic activity?

It could be Terrible sometimes, the taste can not be the same for a simple reason that the mood is different and the ingredients composition and brands are different.

We should ensure we don’t express a repulsive action by being Odious to the taste. There is more to life than this taste.

If the mood is too good even the worst of all the taste will make you Wonder and appreciate how on earth it tastes like this.

Over the years you gain age and equally if you have gained maturity, Tranquility prevails even if it tastes like the sour ayurvedic medicine.

Let the Amorous effect defy the age of the relationship.
    Let the Comic sense bring humor to life over these tastes.
    Let the Pathetic feeling go for a walk of no return.
    Let the Fury be nullified seriously.
    Let the Heroic action be out of love life.
    Let the Terrible situation be avoided & be sensible.
    Let the Odious action be at bay to enjoy life longer.
    Let the Wonder have the wonderful effects for ever.
    Let the Tranquility prevail and bring in maturity in love life.

Let’s also see the Nava Rasa’s in the kitchen over the many that get prepared every day.

Garlic Rasam
    Lemon Rasam
    Pepper Rasam
    <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on"><?xml:namespace prefix = u1 /><u1:City u2:st="on"><u1:place u2:st="on">Mysore</st1:place></st1:City></u1:place></u1:City> Rasam
    Tomato Rasam
    Panneer Rasam
    Tamarind Rasam
    Pine Apple Rasam
    Neem Flower Rasam

What may be the Rasam of the Day, Taste of the Rasam,

Let Tranquility prevail over the other Rasa’s, to lead a Wonderful life by being cheerful with Humor ever and ensure that there is always the lasting Amorous effect with our loving spouse.

PS:

I had written the original version in Tamizh and as Viji Ma (IyerViji) wanted me to translate in to English for many others to read & taste the rasams, I have done to fulfil her wish.

By reading don't take a walk of no return to this post becoming furious, if it's pathetic. :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
    Doree likes this.

2. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi Nats !

With the power of your rasavaadam ( alchemy), you achieved a wonderful leap from Navarasas to Nava-Rasams !

The different emotions that could come into play while preparing or savouring Rasams were very beautifully captured ! Looks like you have done a lot of serious research into it !:)
    Yeah, I don't think there's anything heroic in ignoring and insulting someone's sincere effort. It would be more heroic to get into the kitchen and actually cook the rasam !

Let Tranquility prevail over the other Rasa’s, to lead a Wonderful life by being cheerful with Humor ever and ensure that there is always the lasting Amorous effect with our loving spouse. :iagree
    Thats the best recipe for a successful marriage .

Enjoyed reading:thumbsup

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Nats,

HAHA.Good one, my dear friend.

Well theer aer many more rasams, Whiskey rasam, non veg rasam, and now i will use the commenting rasam.I wont go out for a walk, i will taste and savour this lovely blog rasam of yours.:biglaughMan u ooze rasams as Rakhee Sawant oozes u know what:rotfl

Regards

kamal

4. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Poet Natpudan,

Finally you did something good for us poor souls who can't seem to understand your posts filled with Jangri letters (TL's words).:rotfl

Wah Nats ..nava rasa in life and in kitchen and here I thought you didn't venture into the kitchen at all (your words) but you seem to know so much more than us who do venture. You have so wonderfully showed us how the navarasas are comparable to rasas while cooking in the kitchen.

My Mom and MIL both say that when you prepare something in the kitchen with whole hearted then the end product result would be delicious and comes out good. I don't know whether to believe it or not...because whenever I do it whole hearted or not...it always do come out delicious...hehehehe. I am kidding ofcourse.:rotfl

But one thing I have to say I always believe in appreciating the food however it turns out to be...delicious or not so delicious. I always comment that the food is nice when I visit my friend's place or if my DH makes it or anyone else for that matter and DH does the same too. I always appreciate the effort involved in the making of a dish.

Like I wrote to TL about her words of wisdom this is like Natpudan's words of wisdom imparted to us all.

Good one my dear friend and I am so happy you have translated it from Tamil to us. :rotfl

Jaya

5. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Nat,
    Your Pothetic fallacy is something different and very nice. All your Navarasams resembles shiny Gems. At the most of all, Tranquility rasam shines like a diamond. [​IMG]. Well done. :thumbsup

6. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

Tamil rasam and English rasam - both are super rasam ponga!

7. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Lakshmi thank you so much for enjoying the rasams in life.

A little of research I did & happy that it came out good.

Thank you.

8. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hey Nats!

I purposely did not read this even though I had seen it thinking it would not taste good!! (sorry - make a good reading) like the tamil navarasam. But seeing that our non tamil speaking friends Kamalji, Lakshmi and Jaya have entered here, curiosity brought me here.

Great da! ur poem on rasams. I think this supersedes the lovely rasam we had at home during lunch.

My vote also goes to tranquility rasa.

Let the Amorous effect defy the age of the relationship.
    Let the Comic sense bring humor to life over these tastes.
    Let the Pathetic feeling go for a walk of no return.
    Let the Fury be nullified seriously.
    Let the Heroic action be out of love life.
    Let the Terrible situation be avoided & be sensible.
    Let the Odious action be at bay to enjoy life longer.
    Let the Wonder have the wonderful effects for ever.
    Let the Tranquility prevail and bring in maturity in love life.

I salute u for these lines. How nicely woven words!

Keep it up Nats. I have crowned u umpteen times and now have no words.

Entertain our friends mentioned above and others by posting in english too often.

9. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

Great topic and comparison. and i am sure that for all the scoldings you got in A to Z for staying in poem section, you have written this in english.....

"When a newly wed makes the rasa, there is an Amorous effect on the newly weds. It’s natural that she made it with love to her new found love of her life."

True, My rasam was not the best at that time, it was amor, and then comic, pathetic (for my DH who used to eat it), the heroic action in it was that he ate it... terrible would be his face after eating it... but now i am ok, i can prepare some types with out mistakes and get appreciation for them.... I am glad that the other rasa was not exhibited by my husband....

great comparison....

10. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Kamalji,

I was happy that you visited the Tamil version & left a comment too.

Whiskey Rasam, Non-Veg Rasam, Comment Rasam is all fine but,

Rakhee Rasam was too much - your name goes well with that Rasam : Kama (lji) Rasam. :biglaugh

Thank you Kamalji.