Nausea and Vomitting during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by simi, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Rishi_new

Rishi_new New IL'ite

Vomiting Sensation

Hi ,
    I am 6th week pregnant ,I cant able to take as much rice i am eating earlier ,i am having Vomiting sensation to particular curries ,Please let
    me know is it common or i need to consult a doctor.
    I am afraid of my baby's health ,i have a doubt about my intake of all
    the essential nutrients, Please do mention each and every item
    i have to take as i am in US and i am alone only vth my hubby
    Since this is my first delivery pl z let me know all the stuff i have to eat

Also how many weeks does this vomiting sensation last

2. pmn

pmn New IL'ite

Re: Vomiting Sensation

Dear Rishi_new,

Vomiting sensation and having nausea are quite common during the first 3 months of the pregnancy.

If possible, you could have a conversation over the phone with your gyneac.

3. ashapradeep

ashapradeep Bronze IL'ite

Hi Rishi,

Congratulations on ur pregnancy!!!

Yup, vomitting sensation and fud aversion are all common during this stage. Dont worry that u ll be harming the baby. Trust me, I was also worried that I am not able to eat properly at that time and whether it ll affect my baby. But at this stage, the baby is really small and doesnt require too much. What u have till now is more than enough for ur baby now. Just dont forget to take folic acid. I was also having aversion towards rice and almost everything. Try having mixed rice if u like them or change to roti. If u r comfortable with fruits, have juices.

How long it ll last will depend on ur body. I had mrng sickness only for 2 weeks, some have it through out the first trimester and some have it through out their pregnancy. Hope urs gets over soon. U know, u sound exactly like how I was at ur stage. Dont worry, in a couple of months, u ll also be giving advices :wink:

Take care. Stop worrying and keep smiling:lol:. Thats the best u can do for the baby now!!!

Cheers,
    Asha

4. Rishi_new

Rishi_new New IL'ite

Hi Asha,
    I am Happy to see your reply.Ur words gave me a soothing feel.
    I am not able Eat rice only little curd.I am eating cereal and also fruits,milk
    i will increase my intake of fruits more.If my morning sickness also gone v th
    in 2 weeks i am really happy,i will inform you.

You mentioned about folic acid ,i am using prenatal tablets.
    what the food supplements to get folic acid.Please let me know.
    and what about did u already conceived or about to go.

Rishi

5. ashapradeep

ashapradeep Bronze IL'ite

Rishi, if u r already taking prenatal vits, u dont have to worry abt folic acid, as its already there in it. U can take dry fruits also at this time, if u like it. I used to like raw veggies, so most of the time my snack was carrot and cucumber. Just eat what u feel like and dont worry too much abt it now.

Am now in my 20th week. Just half way through. Long way to go I guess...

Hey BTW, There is due date club forum where u can interact with ladies at the same stage of pregnancy as u. Check that out, it ll be a relief when u know that there are others who are going through the same things as u r!!!
    Take care.

Cheers,
    Asha

6. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

Hi Rishi,

Sometimes the nausea can be due to the pre-natal vitamins also. Try to figure it out. With my first child, i had nausea for almost 5 months, but with my second one the nausea stopped when i changed my PNV.
    You can talk to your gynac and she might give some samples first to try out. Try to continue with the one which suits you.Even after this if the nausea doesnt stop then its bcos of the harmonal changes now going on due to pregnancy.

All the best,
    vani

7. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Eat less meal frequently,it is advisable to eat frequently and even if u vomit, no need to worry but if u vomit in empty stomach then that will be difficult.

Foods rich in folic acid include spinach, broccoli, green peas, beans..Chick peas are good too, have plenty of fruits, eat apples..

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  8. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi,
    I had thro' my first trimester and later part of third trim

My advice is
    avoid strong smelling food..which would trigger nausea..infact i lived on rasam rice for the entire first trimester..
    also have small but frequent meals..
    also i could have apples..and no oranges or grapes..so see what suits your system..or which one the baby likes?
    dont worry about weight loss..you will be able to make it up in the next trimester... and believe me the baby's reqmt is very minimal and it takes what ever is needed from you..this is what my gynaec told me..
    All the best
    Prabha

9. Rishi_new

Rishi_new New IL'ite

Hi asha,happywoman,easy,...

Thanks for your advices.still i am facing the problem
    i cant able eat anything only cereal and fruits.had vomiting sensation
    all over the day,when i try to vomit only little bit is throwing out.
    felt restless .i am meeting my gynic in the next week.
    thanks for all the replys.

Rishi

10. tanuja81

tanuja81 New IL'ite

Hi Preeti,

Im new indus...this is actually my first reply..I just wanted to let you know you are not alone..I am 10 weeks pregnant with my 1st baby..and I have gone through the worst 2nd month ever!!! I used to be nauseous 24 hrs a day..I couldnt eat anything..forget rice or cereal..I felt like throwing up all the time..I used to stay in bed all day..the sentation of nausea depressed me..For the sake of my baby I stuffed food down my mouth..like roti and sabji, eggs, fish..I know its hard but just think of the baby and swollow it...
    Dont forget to take prenatal vitamins...my doctor said even if I ate minimal food and had prenatal vitamins my baby would be fine..and so far so good...

I am almost competing my 1st trimester and I feel much better..I recently started throwing up late at night which feels amazing but the nausea has reduced...so dont worry...it only gets better....

oh and try sucking on a small piece of imli, or hajmola that helped me alot...and always keep ginger slices and saltine crackers (you'll get in any super market) by your bedside eat them whenever you are nauseous..trust me they help alot too...

Gookluck,
    Tanuja