Nausea and Vomitting during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by simi, Jun 13, 2005.

1. simi

simi Junior IL'ite

What to do to reduce Nausea feeling?

Hi Ladies,

I am in 7th month of my pregnancy and I still have the nausea feeling. I eat frequently in little amounts to ensure not to be in empty stomach.

Any suggestions to reduce nausea feeling?

Thanks in advance,
    Simi

2. Roshni

Roshni Local Champion Staff Member Senior IL'ite

Calcium fortified soy milk

Hi Simi,

When I was carrying, I too had nausea feeling for long. My OB suggested to take soy milk every 2 to 3 hours. It really worked - it reduced the nausea feeling and it is also good dietary source of calcium.

3. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Nausea and vomitting

As a mother of two kids, I knew the earlier symptoms is one unavoidable; still, would like to know whether taking sour items like orange or lemon juice will help?? One of my close folk is in the family way and she is alone and suffering becoz of these problems, any help???

4. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Morning Sickness

Hi Ami,

Don't we all go through this terrible thing!! For me, i used to have crackers and ginger ale, and that used make the symptoms go away. For some i have heard that sprite does the trick. However with regard to Orange Juice and lemon juice, some times it can aggravate the nausea feeling. Anyway the above needs to be taken on empty stomach the fist thing in the morning. That helps a lot. Ofcourse, if she is really sick all the time and not bale to hold food down, the doc shoud be able to help her with some medications.

Vandhana

5. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

soothing advise??

Thanks a lot, Vandhana..will tell her yr views, particularly, ginger ale, sounds a good idea..

Rgds.

6. manie

manie New IL'ite

Pregnancy nausea

i m 10 weeks pregnant please suggest some tips to control nausea

7. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Small, frequent meals and taking things slowly - By eating smaller meals more frequently throughout the day, you can help alleviate your nausea. It is best to avoid having your stomach completely empty or completely full, since both can make morning sickness worse. If nausea is worse when you first wake up, try having a box of soda crackers on your night-stand and nibbling on them or sipping weak tea- before getting out of bed. Rising slowly in the morning, instead of jumping out of bed and rushing out the door, will minimize morning sickness (and also light-headedness).

All The Best & Congratulation!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2006
  8. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Here are some more

1. Stay away from strong smells and foods that make your stomach queasy.
    2. Keep a diary to find out which foods cause the worst reactions.
    3. Ask your body which foods and beverages might ease the nausea. Consider different flavors, textures, aromas, and temperatures.
    4. Eat and drink whatever stays down. It is important to stop the nausea before moving on to feeding the body nutritiously.
    5. Eat 5-6 small meals a day.
    6. Stay well hydrated and drink fluids throughout the day. Experiment with ginger ale, ginger tea, lemonade, lemon tea, fruit juices, water with lemon, and carbonated beverages.
    7. To help with early morning nausea, have a light snack before getting out of bed. Try crackers, dry cereal, potato chips, lemonade—whatever sounds good to you.
    8. Avoid foods that trigger a bout of nausea. This could be greasy and fried foods, gas-forming foods, or spicy foods.

9. desiprincess

desiprincess Senior IL'ite

Morning Sickness

Hello All:

This is my first time writing a post in your wonderful website. I hope that some of you can help me with my problem.... I am two months pregnant and this is our first baby. I have awful morning, afternoon and mostly night sickness. My doctor says that it is very common, and I should eat small meals and bland food. My question is what is a proportion for a small meal and if any recipes for food that is easy on the stomach can be given it would be great. Also any suggestions to help me with my vomiting will also be appreciated. Thanks.....

10. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

Last edited: Aug 18, 2006