1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Naughtyness Of 2 And Half Year Baby Boy

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Telja, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

Hello Friends,

Back here after a small gap.Hope all are doing fine and moving on .

My son now is 2 and half year old.But is very naughty.Throws things like stones,toys,clothes etc or what ever gets in hand when getting angry or normal playing.Other day thrown a stone to neighboring house window.Luckily was small stone and didn't break. Some times I beat with hand or stick. But does this type of naughtiness can be control by beating or how to manage it.My in laws are against beating such a small kid.They say should not beat such a small baby.Only around 5 years should beat.Till that time should scold or divert the mind.But my son sometimes wont listen and when we start to scold he had thrown again.He is not understanding and feels like throwing is a game.My question is how to control naughtiness like this of small kids.Should we need to beat or scold.Also he has a habit of pinching and beating back to us.Want to know how to control this type of behavior of kids.

Even for beating how we should do.Is it by hand or stick.

Kindly give comments on the kids naughtiness.

Thanks in advance

2. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

Telja,

You can look into how your son picked up this habit. May be picked up from school if he is going to school, may be he saw some kids playing throw and catch, may be from someone at your home who has a habit of throwing things instead of placing them down or passing them down properly. Kids imitate what they see.

It will not help much if you tell your kid at this age to not throw things. It should be practised. When he throws the things, give no importance to the 'throw'. It depends on what he throws also. Say he throws a ball, you could say, its OK to play throw and catch ball outside home. If he throws a toy, say the toy is for playing so and so game.

Other than this, do not hit your child now. Do not wait till he is 5 and the hit him. Don't hit by hand. Don't hit with a stick. Just do not hit. You hit, he hits. Its as simple as that.

momsky and Amica like this.
  3. Kukudukuu

Kukudukuu Silver IL'ite

Play the throwing game with him. This way you can ensure what and where to throw.call it with a new name each time so that it doesn't get monotonous with him..

momsky likes this.
  4. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Telja, do not hit your child for any reason at any age.

He is learning to hit by watching you. Children learn by mimicking elders.

He is throwing things because he wants your attention. Spend time with him playing and having fun. This will be good for both of you.

Good luck, @Telja! :thumbsup:

momsky, blindpup10 and guesshoo like this.
  5. dnormx01

dnormx01 Gold IL'ite

Are you serious? You are unhappy with the direction less throwing of a 2 plus little fellow?? What is your issue? Why is throwing bad? It's an evidence that the kid is active and growing up well. You should give him a child friendly environment, where anything he does, doesn't harm him and the people around him. And practically how much can a 2 year old lift and throw? Maybe some small pebbles etc. he can't weight lift like Baahubali!

And for anything, beating is the worst reaction. And you are asking whether it should be with a stick or hand?? It's going to be neither. Remember Gandhi- non violence please.

Your kid has to learn to accept a no. The next time you wish to control any kind of behavior, tell him that's wrong. Be stern and ask him to say sorry. Tell him how bad he behaved. He will understand. Create a sense of right and wrong in him. When he does good things, appreciate and when it's something undesirable, teach him it's wrong but also explain what is right. In this case, you can ask him to pick up the item thrown and put it in its original place. Appreciate how beautiful it looks there than where he threw it.
    Best of luck to both of you and your family.

sbonigala and momsky like this.
  6. lalsang123

lalsang123 Bronze IL'ite

My kid is used to throw all the things when he was of that age.. In fact sometimes he does it even now when he is angry.. Actually if you go through the Internet you can find the development of the kid for each year.. In fact throwing things is a new skill which he has learnt.. He is excited that whatever things he throws falls down...He doesn't know the reason why it falls down.. Of course we are angry with the kid's action but he is not.. In fact he would pick up different objects and would try throwing it and enjoys the different sound it makes and some hit the ground fast and some are slow..
    Child learns only by experimenting.. But only thing is see to it that he doesn't have any heavy or dangerous items in his hands.. It should never be in his reach..

Your kid doesn't do it wantedly.. Even if you beat him he will not be able to understand since he is only 2 and a half years old..

Never ever beat your kid with your hand or with a scale.. He will start beating others after seeing you..At one point he will start getting scared of you..

Have patience.. These are all passing stages in life..

Try to keep things near him whichever you feel is fine if your kid throws it...

7. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

Thanks friends for your valuable comments.......
    I agree that its a stage of kids where they do many naughty things.But when they do wrong I dont know how to control it.Even when I say its wrong and say sorry he does it and says sorry.Again does the same mistakes.

Throwing things are like toys,shoes, small stones like that.It do hurts when hit on elders.So was my concern.Even if I beat he cries then next day do the same throwing .. Hope I need to create patience and catch or remove the items when he throws

8. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

When ever he throws, if possible before he does, hold his hands, look into his eyes and tell him to pass the toy, say no throwing. You give him toy again, tell to give it you, or put it in the bed etc. Practice it with him again and again. Every time he throws again you give him the same thing tell him to pass it you, you show how to give to hands instead of throwing. take away the toy for some time if needed saying if you throw no toy for you.

At this age discipline should start, discipline not associated with shouting, hitting kid, but calmly telling what is expected. Even if he cries that is fine, set boundaries.

9. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

Good thanks KasmirFlower ................