1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

nature cure for PCOS

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by rashmip, Feb 24, 2009.

1. rashmip

rashmip Senior IL'ite

Can you suggest me which food wehave to take to eradicate PCOS??

2. sarasthara

sarasthara Bronze IL'ite

Hi Rashmip,

Sorry to say this but it true, Pcos dosnt have permanent cure but we can regulate our cycle. attach to strict deit plan & regular excersice can overcome this. Kayakalpa yoga hepls most of women has Pcos. relax & dont put urself in stress.

takecare,
    saras

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rashmip,

Eradicating PCOS is not a easy/simple thing! You need to work more to achieve it!
    Eat fruits & vegetables more. Reduce intake of carbohydrates!
    Plan your diet with high fiber & less carbohydrate!
    Do regular exercise! Maintain your weight.
    These are the key items!

4. Mullapudi

Mullapudi Junior IL'ite

Hi,

I know some who have PCOS problem.
    for betterment , i have suggested her daily practice yoga. so that it improves blood circulates. regulates hormones.this will regulate the monthly periods and will the reduce the effect of PCOS .

Consult your doctor first.

5. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

hi Rashmip,

there is no permanent cure for PCOS, I have PCOS, only thing is we have to make the symptoms under control, all the pcos'ers dont have common list of symptoms, for example usually weight gain and obesity are symptoms, but there are thin people with PCOS, I dont have over weight, but I have high testosterone, and high DHEAS, cyst on overies, we can get the symptoms under control by following strict diet (lots of vegetables, fruits, less saturated food, less carbohydrates, no junk or sugary foods) and doing excersise,(preferably yoga and pranayam , meditation) keeping stress under control, to get the periods regularly I tried soy protien powder from 8th day to 14th day and I do ovulate 1 week after using soy protien, soy worked for me to ovulate.some people use Metformin to regularize the periods.

hope this helps.

6. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

The key is to eat more protein and less carbs. That's the only thing that has worked for me. And regular excercise. Atleast 1/2 hour every day, even if it is a simple walk.

7. sadhana11

sadhana11 Senior IL'ite

hi friends...

i am 22 yrs old...i have been sufferin from pcos for the past 1 yr..i have been takin metformin..doctor askd me to reduce weight..pl suggest some ways..is metformin good?how much should we take per day?does it has side effects?

regards,
    sadhana

8. SuryaDeepa

SuryaDeepa New IL'ite

Hi All,

I'm a patient of PCOs , but amazingly my periods always come on time. touchwood! I did nothing. I simply dont bother as to when I get my periods. I dont count dates.
    Believe me !! Its an advice I got from an experience Gynacologist.

All our hormones are controlled by endocrine glands and the master of them is PITUTARY GLAND, (forgive my spellings). So, unless we are HAPPY, RELAXED, not worrying or depressed our problems wont vanish. Since ..........PITUTARY glands exist right near our Brain and largely our depressions effect the hormonal imbalances.

Take a chill pill. Forget the period calendar......nothing to worry if you dont get periods even for 3 consecutive months, your body will start regulating eventually, from the moment you stop worrying! THIS IS A REAL ADVICE FROM A GYNA AND IT WORKED FOR ME.

9. shameel

shameel Silver IL'ite

Hai rashmip,
    I will go with suryadeepa, jus relax and do take a healthy diet and exercises,you will surely come up with pco.I read somewhere tha fenugreek in any form seed, fresh or dried is good for pco. try your luck.

10. DhayaShankari

DhayaShankari Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

AM 23 years old, even i suffer from the same prob. Am taking ayurvedic medication for last 6 months & am getting my periuods regularly. AM getting married next month, does PCOS any prob in my marriage lofe..

PLz advice me..

THnak,
    Dhayashankari