1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Natural treatment for head lice

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by tashidelek2002, Feb 10, 2012.

1. swaram2576

swaram2576 Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

I live in Toronto, Canada. My daughter got the head lice and her school says not t come until removed, I removed the head lice using medicated shampoos, but there are eggs that are mostly dead, but holding in hair, will the mayonnise or the camphor powder and cocunut oil help? Any experience or idea? Until I get it removed I cannot send her to school............... :(

Regards,
    Devi

2. vinayak1980

vinayak1980 New IL'ite

The best solution for lice is the lice comb that we get in India.My daughter got head lice & I also tried medicated shampoos & all that gave only temporary solution.After some days again it will come.Unless & until you remove all the lice & eggs it will come again.Comb the hair with lice comb daily twice a day till it is lice free.

3. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Hi swaram lice being a problem to stay away from school is really sad.One of my friends said that she applied Arya Vaidhya Pharmacy's anti-lice oil and it was gone.I have no idea what the name is.Try to check their website or contact them if they can send abroad.

4. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

Mayonaise works! I have heard of lots of people using this method.

5. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

combing using the lice comb as suggested by vinayak1980 is the best. Certain empty eggs may not come and they may have to be removed using fingers. Prevention is better than cure. So it is always good to comb their hair using lice comb daily once children return from school. spread a clean white cloth and comb.

6. swaram2576

swaram2576 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you all, I will try the Mayonnise and combing hair using the lice comb.............

7. maagi11

maagi11 Senior IL'ite

Hi ILS,

My daughter got head lice and she is scratching the head alot...i asked my mom and she gave me the tip of camphor with coconut oil, will that work? and first of all can we apply that for a 16months kid??? please help me, i am scared and not able to send her to day care...

8. michelle2003

michelle2003 Bronze IL'ite

i think this is the best remedy

9. sudharaghav

sudharaghav Silver IL'ite

Hi,

As suggested by hemalatha i also recommend neem oil. My relative used to get neem leaves and grind it well. Then applies the paste directly in wet hair. Wait for few minutes and then wash with a shampoo. There was no lice in her hair. But the main problem is the person has to bear the smell of the neem..

10. sasha17

sasha17 Silver IL'ite

i am not sure how far it works but heard from my friends that keeping tulsi leaves under the pillow also reduces and applying neem paste on the hair ll also helps!!