1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Natural Remedy For Lowering Bad Cholestrol...

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by Aishdpk, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Aishdpk

Aishdpk New IL'ite

1 small carrot
    1 small beetroot
    1 medium tomato
    10 curry leaves
    3 petals of garlic
    4 shallots
    Make juice of above ingredients ,add a pinch of cinnamon powder and drink 1 hour before food.Better to take early morning. Try for 2 weeks. SURE you can find a big difference.

2. Perennial

Perennial New IL'ite

I am not a doctor to ascertain this but based on my understanding, high cholesterol itself is not the critical factor to assess the risk of cardio vascular disease.

I think it’s important to look at HDL-C ratio i.e. High density lipoprotein vs Overall cholesterol ratio. The reason this ratio shouldn’t be overlooked is that HDL will be used as a mop to clear the LDL in the body. LDL is known to clog the arteries thereby reducing the blood intake to heart.

HDL can be naturally increased by cardio exercises like brisk walking, running, jogging etc. Also, Garlic with honey intake before breakfast is shown to improve the HDL-C ratio. That being said, diet plays a great role in balancing the overall ratio and it has been covered in good detail in the posts above.

Before embarking on Statin(medication) route, it is very important to tread carefully and see if life style changes can be incorporated as a first step. There are a number of possible side effects caused as a result of this medication and joint muscle pains is one of them.

CVD is the no1 killer in the world but fortunately the sooner we find any anomalies in the lipid profile, the greater control we have on our overall health.

3. RaginiSree

RaginiSree New IL'ite